From Marc Carig:
In the sixth inning of a 6-2 Yankees victory against the Angels, Park had already completed his final warm-up pitches in the bullpen and was making a few extra throws when he felt what he described as tightness in his right hamstring.
Though Park called the sensation “minor,” bullpen coach [...]
Via Joel Sherman of the NY Post:
David Robertson has not thrown the ball well from late in spring training right through this early season. Now keep in mind that it is both early and that the Yankees like Robertson a lot. They not only love his stuff, but think that he is [...]
Watching Alfredo Aceves throw in the bullpen would lead one to wonder how he has had moderate success as a major leaguer. He primarily throws 4 pitches, with none being particularly impressive or noteworthy. Yet, he consistently gets positive results out of the bullpen, and was an integral part of both last night’s victory and [...]
[image title="large_damaso-marte615" size="full" id="16517" align="center" linkto="full" ]
When Joe Girardi removed David Robertson for Damaso Marte after just one batter during last night’s contest, the cries of “overmanaging” that first surfaced early last season and peaked during the playoffs began to emanate from the Yankee faithful. As I noted on Twitter, I hate that [...]
Trial by fire, indeed.
After entering the seventh inning of the Bomber-BoSox opener on Sunday night, Chan Ho Park, Brian Cashman’s touted offseason relief addition, promptly surrendered three runs, two of which were of the earned variety (the third run, the go-ahead run, scored thanks to Damaso Marte), costing the Yankees – and [...]
Could Joba Chamberlain pitch multiple innings – two at the most, the seventh and the eighth – out of the bullpen this season? According to Joe Girardi, it remains a possibility. “I think it’s something that you can look at,” noted Girardi on Saturday, after Joba’s first “official” appearance as a reliever, [...]
When the Yankees announced that Joba Chamberlain was headed to the bullpen, most of the Yankee blogging community went into a tizzy. While most conceded that picking Hughes over Joba was a defensible decision, we were confused as to why Joba was going to the bullpen rather than AAA, where he could further develop as [...]
[image title="chan_ho_park_kick" size="full" id="16234" align="center" alt="Chan Ho Park's greatest MLB moment" linkto="full" ]The current Yankee bullpen lineup of Mariano Rivera, Damaso Marte, David Robertson, Sergio Mitre, Chan Ho Park, Alfredo Aceves and Joba Chamberlain. A lot has been written about how formidable this group looks going in to the season. The Yankees probably have the most reliable, [...]
Sergio Mitre has pitched well this spring, posting a 3.38 ERA over 16 innings. He has walked only 4 and has struck out 14. More importantly, though, thanks to his sharp sinker, Mitre has kept the ball on the ground, allowing only 1 HR over his 5 appearances. Essentially, barring a complete collapse, [...]
[image title="joba-chamberlain-yankees" size="full" id="16165" align="center" linkto="full" ]
As most who read here regularly know, I strongly believe that Joba Chamberlain should be the 5th starter. However, my stance on this issue has changed a bit over the last few days. What prompted that changed was my realization that two major elements of my argument [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees