So if I told you CC Sabathia would deliver seven shutout innings of two-hit, one-walk, six-strikeout ball — including retiring the last seventeen Twins he faced in a row –and the Yankees headed into the 8th with a 4-0 lead and Rafael Soriano taking the mound, you’d have to be feeling [...]
With all the hoopla circulating around the state of the Yankees’ 2011 relief core, I couldn’t help but reminisce about bullpen management of years past. Specifically, “WWJD?” No, I’m not referring to the preferences of a long-bearded, destined-to-suffer-for-all-mankind-and-savior-of-some Jesus; I’m talking about former Yankee skipper Joe Torre.
As we are [...]
It’s pretty hard to win baseball games — not to mention a playoff series — when your team doesn’t hit. It’s also pretty difficult when your pitching mostly fails you as well. The Yankees came up empty on both sides of the ball throughout the majority of the 2010 American [...]
Game 4 of the 2010 American League Championship Series was basically a microcosm of everything that went wrong for the Yankees at one point or another this season: A.J. Burnett had a lousy start (though was actually one out away from a surprisingly fantastic start), the offense excruciatingly squandered [...]
In a game in which CC Sabathia delivered his worst outing in pinstripes (a very un-Sabathia-like 4 innings of five-run ball) and the Yankees’ chances of winning fell as low as 2.9% as of the bottom of the sixth, the team surprised the ever-loving hell [...]
This one doesn’t even deserve a snappy title. Staked to a 2-0 lead on a Marcus Thames two-run bomb off David Price in the second, CC Sabathia clearly didn’t have his best stuff, laboring through 5 1/3 innings, his shortest outing since lasting only five on May [...]
After missing Friday’s game I made certain that I’d be free to watch Saturday’s game. Sadly, it was a debacle. A.J. Burnett struggled, allowing 4 runs in 2+ innings of work. He suffered lacerations on his pitching hand between innings and wound up with no control of his curveball. He was pulled [...]
We last looked at the Yankee bullpen almost two months ago, at which point we concluded that the team could benefit from giving Mark Melancon, Romulo Sanchez and Ivan Nova extended looks to see what they might be able to offer the big league club. Neither [...]
So, how about that Andy Pettitte?
Seriously, is there anything he can’t do these days? Andy, have you thought about giving curing cancer a try? Pettitte has been a near-lock for seven innings of two-runs-or-less ball this season, and true to form he gave another seven strong innings last [...]
I missed this game, due to a matinee of “American Idiot” — which marked the first time in history I knew the words to every single song in a Broadway musical — and a second consecutive Saturday dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Given my lifelong love of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees