From MLB Trade Rumors Yesterday:
Commissioner Bud Selig discussed several topics in an interview with Chris Russo of SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Radio today before Game 2 of the World Series. Here are some of the highlights:
The issue of a hard slotting system for the draft is “really critical” for Selig. Buster Olney reported yesterday [...]
Over the past few years during the Allstar Break, Commissioner Bud Selig has hosted an annual internet chat with baseball fans from around the globe. During this year’s Q&A, Selig addressed a number of hot topics. Let’s recap some of the more frustrating intriguing points raised.
On a salary cap:
Selig was pretty [...]
Tom Verducci for Sports Illustrated yesterday:
4. The Dodgers are a drag on the game.
Through May 1, the Dodgers alone accounted for 63 percent of the decline in MLB attendance. They are down 95,843 fans through 15 dates, or 14.5 percent. One scout said before the Dodgers hired Los Angeles police [...]
Seemingly every time a baseball team is on the brink of being sold we start hearing a lot about Mark Cuban. The 52-year-old billionaire is the owner of the perennially successful Dallas Mavericks, a team which he transformed from a league doormat to a top Western Conference talent. While he’s widely known for his antics [...]
Can’t set that precedent-If Bud was going to overturn the call from Wednesday night he would open a Pandora’s Box of never ending appeals, all of which would be more important than whether one play is scored as a Hit or an Out. As Commissioner, he can’t put any individual accomplishment, no [...]
..and is so serious about it, he’d like to see it before his term expires in 2012. SI.com has the report:
TOKYO (AP) — The champions of U.S. Major League Baseball could face the champions of Japanese professional baseball in a regular Global World Series under a plan being [...]
Jon Heyman has a report in SI saying that Bud Selig has added the pitch tipping allegations in Selena Robert’s book to the steroid inquiry they announced a few days ago. It reads:
Major League Baseball is expanding its investigation of Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez by adding the pitch-tipping allegation spelled out in Selena [...]
I’ll admit up front, I’m not the biggest fan of instant replay in general. Blown calls have always been a part of sports and I’ve come to accept that. While we would all like to get all the calls right, the game can’t become unwatchable. Baseball is slow enough as it is, and throwing a [...]
Selig told USA Today on Wednesday afternoon that he is “just heartsick” about Rodriguez’s admission and would not rule out punishing him or adjusting baseball’s record book. Selig told USA Today he “had put a bulletin out” about the illegality of steroid use in 1997, even though MLB had no drug testing [...]
From Maury Brown:
Commissioner Bud Selig earned over $18 million for the fiscal year ending Oct. 31, 2007, making him by far the highest paid commissioner in all of sports, according to a report by the SportsBusiness Journal…According to Fisher of the SBJ, “Entering 2009, only seven MLB players will earn more this year [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees