In the rubber game of this series, right handed pitcher Scott Feldman will take the mound on Wednesday night. After being selected in the 30th round of the 2003 draft, Feldman made his first major league appearance as a reliever in 2005. He continued his career in the bullpen until 2008, when new [...]
Tonight at 7:05, the Yankees will face an old “friend” in Carl Pavano. There isn’t much to say when introducing the right hander. I have to admit, despite spending four years in the Yankee organization, I didn’t know much about his pitching repertoire before research for this article. This is either indicative of [...]
Tonight at 8:05 pm EST, Jerome Williams of the Angels will face the Yankees in his first start of 2012. Despite playing for seven different major league organizations, he has never faced off against the Yankees. His long and winding career began as a first round pick in 1999, the 29th overall selection [...]
This afternoon, the Yankees will face off against the Angel’s newest starting pitcher, C.J. Wilson. The left hander has a career 3.57 ERA and finished 6th in the Cy Young ballot last year with a 2.94 ERA, 1.187 WHIP, 3.0 BB/9, and an 8.3 K/9. While much of his career was spent relieving, [...]
When Ivan Nova took the mound on Monday night it was hard to expect that a pitcher who struggled so mightily in Spring Training would be so successful. Right out of the gate, Nova looked like a different pitcher than he did a year ago. While we had seen a lot of his [...]
This post kicks off the first of what will be a four-part series taking a deep, PitchFX-fueled look at each of the five pitches Phil Hughes threw during the 2010 season.
Everyone knows Hughes was primarily a three-pitch pitcher in 2010 — 57% four-seamers, 18% cutters and 17% curveballs. As Hughes threw each [...]
As I’ve gotten deeper and deeper into pitching analysis of late, I recently realized that one of the aspects of pitching evaluation that I wanted to look further into but was having difficulty qualifying was horizontal and vertical pitch breaks.
Though it wasn’t a vintage performance, CC Sabathia reminded everyone why he’s one of the best pitchers in the game last night, keeping the Rangers at bay over a two-run, six-inning performance, and extending the Yankees’ season by at least one more game. Regardless of what happens in this [...]
Somewhat lost amidst the Yankees’ daily scheduled pounding by the Rangers last night was that A.J. Burnett was one pitch away from throwing a surprising gem of an outing and possibly redeeming himself in the eyes of the team and the fanbase. As it was, I’d imagine most [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees