During a discussion on Twitter about the relative merits of Nick Swisher and Andre Ethier, I received the following tweet from @champ11228:
The Swisher trade was probably Cashman’s best move.
I asked my followers what they thought about that statement, and a number of other moves received votes:
1) Trading for Alex Rodriguez
In one comment made to the media yesterday, Brian Cashman managed to upset the Yankees’ crosstown rivals as well as a portion of his own fanbase. Marc Carig has more:
“He was abused,” Cashman said this afternoon. “Listen, I don’t know, the concern is based on the MRI. The use pattern was abusive, [...]
After the Yankees’ failure to acquire Cliff Lee and the retirement of Andy Pettitte, many Yankee fans were understandably anxious about the state of the rotation. Brian Cashman has taken and likely will continue to take a lot of criticism for the less than exciting cohort of pitchers that have been [...]
However, Zduriencik will not even initiate a conversation. He is adamant that he is not shopping or trading Hernandez. And unless he is posturing — few GMs [...]
Matt I. addressed this topic in an excellent post on Monday, but I didn’t get around to reading Will Leitch’s profile on Brian Cashman in this week’s New York Magazine until now, and wanted to offer my own two cents, being that I’ve written more words this winter on Brian Cashman than [...]
Will Leitch penned a piece in New York magazine about Brian Cashman. Leitch started with the basic history of Cashman as a Yankee intern and his rise to GM, and all the proverbial bells and whistles that come along with that title. Overall, it’s a well written article while there’s nothing glaringly positive or [...]
A number of interesting profiles of Zack Greinke have come out over the last few days, and Jon Heyman’s entry on the Brewers ace contained an interesting tidbit about Greinke’s flirtation with the Yankees:
Though he knew he wanted out of Kansas City, which has a promising future but looks like it [...]
Those of you who have been following the “Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks” saga closely know that owner James Dolan has jumped into the negotiations with both feet, and some sources are reporting that disgraced former GM Isiah Thomas has the owner’s ear. Ken Berger summarizes the impact that this has had on the [...]
Word came down early today from Joel Sherman that Kevin Millwood has apparently rejected the offer of a minor league deal from the Yankees.
Mr. Millwood has been a popular point of discussion here during TYA’s opening week: Mike kicked the tires on Millwood and Edwin Jackson and I posited that
Brian Cashman was recently interviewed by Larry Stone of the Seattle Times about what went down in the ill-fated Cliff Lee negotiations. Given how things have played out since, we now have some context to put those trade talks into. But as Brian lays out, we are are still left with many unanswered questions. He [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees