Brian Cashman spoke on a few different things yesterday, so I thought I’d weight in.
On yesterday’s starter Brian Gordon:
“Everybody was like, ‘This guy looks like he can help us,’ ” Cashman said. “I’m not afraid to take a chance.”
Sounds about [...]
What we need is pitching. Period. We’re already scoring plenty of runs. We need fresh arms, not castoff bats – no matter how cheaply they come. If Brian Cashman is wasting a single minute of his time between now and [...]
Bryan Hoch and Brian Cashman spoke recently and the Yankee GM discussed the importance of the draft.
SHAMELESS PLUG TIME
Don’t forget to tune into TYA’s draft coverage by reading up on Sean’s posts about draft targets.
Cashman called the draft “the most important day of the year” and stressed that [...]
In the wake of Posada-gate this weekend, more details are emerging of exactly what went down, and what the Yankee response would have been. I’ll start with a Tweet from Buster Olney
Bottom line on the whole Posada thing: This episode will accelerate his departure from the team unless he starts [...]
Any Yankee fan with a television or internet connection knows by now what happened last night with Jorge Posada. He arrived at the ballpark yesterday and saw that he was batting 9th, and initially seemed (at least publicly) to have no issue with it. Then he “threw a hissy fit” in the managers office [...]
Brian Cashman’s offseason was widely viewed as disappointing by Yankees fans and baseball pundits alike. The club missed out on Cliff Lee, Zack Greinke was moved to Milwaukee, and Cashman was left to pick up scraps. Even among the leftovers, some expressed discontent with Cashman’s choices, preferring players such as
The quote-a-minute GM of the New York Yankees made news yet again this week. At a press conference announcing that newly acquired Pedro Feliciano was heading straight to the DL, Brian threw former Yankee manager Joe Torre under the bus. Answering a question about the Yankee organization’s own abuse of their various relievers,
Right now, it’s really easy to jump all over Brian Cashman for the Feliciano signing. He’s heading for shoulder surgery, everyone knew about his heavy workload the past three seasons with the Mets prior to signing and I’m sure everyone had their own pet LOOGY they would have preferred. But the decision [...]
-Derek Jeter has ditched his ‘no-stride’ batting stance that Kevin Long worked with him on this spring after just 7 games in the regular season. While I understand its tough to change something he’s done since little league, Long wanted him to change his stance for [...]
A few hours ago, I asked you to chime in on what you thought was Brian Cashman’s best move as a GM. Now let’s move to the other side of the ledger and look at his worst mistakes. When I posed the question to my twitter followers, I received votes for the following errors:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees