Dante Bichette: Defense
Around the time of the draft, Bichette was considered a bat-only prospect with plus raw power but a funky swing. Bichette largely silenced the doubters about his swing by raking in the Gulf Coast League to the tune of a .438 wOBA, but also got better reports on his defense [...]
Before the year began, I wrote a profile on Brett Marshall saying that in 2011, he needed to stay healthy and show he can handle a full season’s workload. Certainly, he’s accomplished at least that much:
Fangraphs doesn’t show it, but Baseball Prospectus has his GB% at 56%, the highest [...]
4 years ago, the Yankee farm system was enjoying its first revival in half a decade. After years of terrible drafts and an overall barren system, the Yankees managed to very quickly add to the top of their farm system and become one of the best organizations in baseball, at least temporarily. I [...]
Yesterday, I posted a piece musing on whether or not Mark Buehrle and/or Chris Carpenter would be come available during the season and whether or not the Yankees should be interested in trading for either one. For the purpose of this post, let’s assume they both are available and the Yankees are interested in [...]
Yesterday, I announced a new prospect rating system that I wanted to use to rank Yankee prospects. There are significant changes from my list half a year ago, mostly because the rating system forced me to more logically think out the rankings, but also because some offseason news changed my opinions slightly.
To refresh: [...]
Brett Marshall was drafted in the 6th round of the 2008 draft from Baytown in Texas. He jumped onto scouting radars after his velocity jumped into the mid 90’s during his senior season. Along with his mid 80’s slider, Marshall [...]
The Yankees have a lot to sort out for their MLB club this spring. We’ll be watching Ivan Nova, Sergio Mitre, Freddy Garcia, and Bartolo Colon fight for rotation spots. We’ll check in and see if Derek Jeter‘s swing is indeed corrected, [...]
With the off season winding down, I figure that it is about time to see where everybody is going to wind up. The Yankees manage to emerge from a slow post-2011 off season while hanging on to all of their top pitching prospects. I have prepared this graphic in order to attempt to project where [...]
MLB Fanhouse National Analyst and former Rangers scout Frank Piliere did a chat yesterday where he weighed in on some Yankee farmhands. Nothing earth shattering here, but it gives you an idea of the consensus view on some of the high profile Yankee farm products. Here’s some highlights:
1:01 [Comment From RajRaj: ]
What do [...]
Scranton falls to Syracuse, 5-4
Casey Fossum started, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks in 4 1/3 innings, while striking out 3. Edwar Ramirez continued his major league struggles, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk in 1 2/3 innings. Jonathan Alabaladejo allowed 1 hit and struck out [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees