I’ve heard too many Yankee fans argue a .259 average with only 7 homeruns is embarrassing for the lineup. EJ stifled those remarks in October and explained how Gardner’s standard statistics may not look pretty, but fWAR places him amongst the top 30 position players in the game. I have to agree with EJ, [...]
Quick, who has been the Yankees’ team leader in fWAR over the last two seasons? Robinson Cano, of course, who has accumulated 12.1 fWAR since 2010. No surprises there. But it may be surprising to find out who the second best Yankee has been in terms of fWAR since 2010:
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
The Yankee outfield trio of C-Grand, Swish, and Gardy slowly started to establish themselves as one of the best all-around outfields in baseball in 2010, especially after Curtis got the Dr. Long treatment on his swing in the second half. [...]
Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
Good Monday morning, TYA readers! If you’re a Jets or Giants fan, I assume you’re still trying to wash the taste of yesterday out of your mouth. To help, here’s some frivolity, projecting how many runs the Yankees could score in 2012. We’ll be using the Lineup Analysis tool from Baseball [...]
The other day, I ran through some pitcher projections. Yesterday, I stumbled across this simple WAR calculator from Wahoo’s on First. Using that, let’s project the WARs (not doing any trades, so we can’t add ‘em up, you guys) and get nuts. For the appropriate projected numbers, [...]
How many over the typical replacement player does Brett Gardner provide the Yankees? That’s a tough question to answer. One of the best easily accessible methods to determine this is fWar, over at Fangraphs. Fangraphs will tell you that Gardner was worth 5.1 wins over replacement in 2011, and 6.1 in 2010. A [...]
Welcome to TYA, where the trade speculation about Brett Gardner never stops! In case you missed it, my fellow writer EJ Fagan tackled this subject on Thursday. Around the same time we also received the following email from reader Travis:
“The Washington Nationals seem to have a need for a leadoff man [...]
I took a quick snapshot of Brett Gardner’s month-by-month batted ball profile back on August 31, and with the season over I wanted to revisit it to see if anything had changed.
Here’s the updated chart, with Gardner’s month-by-month numbers through the end of the year:
At the time of the August [...]
I’ve been hearing a lot of people lately, both in the blogosphere and in the real world, talking about the Yankees trading for a top starting pitcher with a package centered around Brett Gardner. I think this is generally (barring something crazy, like a top-flight locked up Felix-like pitcher becoming available) a very [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees