Back in October, I wrote an article on the possibilities for the 2012 lineup. I enjoy writing posts like that, but that one was probably the most negatively received piece I’ve written since I started writing on the Internet. So what am I going to do? Revisit it, of course. The [...]
Last week I had some fun putting the career statistics of Nick Swisher and Curtis Granderson side by side on screen, without identifying who the players were. Since this is still the pre-season and meaty topics are running short, I figure I’ll replicate this formula, at least once more. Below [...]
If you hop into the proverbial Wayback Machine with me, you’ll see I wrote this post a little over two years ago about the 2010 version of the team. As we’re on the edge of the season, let’s take a look at the current incarnation of the Yankees and see what makes each [...]
One way or another, the Yankees are going to lose an outfielder in the next year or two and the decision on which one could be made by this time next year. Nick Swisher‘s contract is up at the end of the year and given his performance, he may be “too rich” for [...]
I am a non-reluctant convert. Back when he first came up, I was a Brett Gardner fan, no doubt. I liked that he was fast, took pitches, and played solid defense. However, my faith in his ability to keep up consistently productive offensive numbers was anything but high. His ability to draw walks [...]
We’re finally days away from Spring Training. Soon enough, the waiting will be over and we’ll be able to watch REAL LIVE BASEBALL (shameless plug time: if you’re in the NYC metro area, you should totally come to this). But, before we get to that, let’s take another look at some run scoring [...]
As I write this, Eli Manning and the New York Giants are celebrating their fourth Super Bowl Championship as a franchise, and their second in the last five Super Bowl games. I’m four Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPAs and a shot of Dewar’s White Label deep. I’m walking on an absolute cloud. But [...]
One of the biggest responses on my post from the other day about the $189M mark and 2014 was that some of you thought that there was no way Nick Swisher would be on the team in 2013, let alone 2014. There is definitely the possibility of this, and while I love Swish on the [...]
Way back on December 8th, I ran some WAR projections using ZiPS. Today, I’m going to the same, using the same simple WAR calculator, but this time I’ll be using averages of the Bill James and RotoChamp projections found on FanGraphs player pages. Click through for the fun.
Brett Gardner is a player who’s always been a bit hard to pin down. When he first came up in 2008, he flashed great defense and speed. His minor league track record also showed a player who was patient and prone to adjusting, even if it took a bit of time at each [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees