The Red Sox stormed out to a 2-0 lead against the Yankees before Freddy Garcia could record an out, and with an ineffective Garcia unable to go more than 1 2/3 innings — the Yankees’ shortest outing by a starter this season — the tone was set early on for another Yankee [...]
The Yankees and Red Sox kick off tonight’s three-game set at Yankee Stadium with two of the best records in the American League and the Yankees in first place, one game up on Boston. The Yankees are a rather woeful 1-5 against their archrivals thus far this season, although for anyone overly concerned about this [...]
The Red Sox prolonged the Yankees’ misery with a 7-5 victory Sunday night, marking the first three-game sweep by an opponent in New Yankee Stadium history, and sending the reeling Yanks to their fifth straight loss.
This one actually started out in rather shocking fashion, with the Yankees getting to Jon Lester [...]
Just when it seemed like things couldn’t get any worse, the Yankee offense managed to score an impressive zero runs in the first non-playoff Saturday night game at Yankee Stadium in seemingly forever, as Josh Beckett threw six more scoreless innings to run his streak against the Yankees to 14 straight leading Boston [...]
For the second straight game the Yankees were kept hitless for the first three innings, setting the tone for a masterful start by Clay Buchholz, who threw seven strong innings, striking out seven, walking just one and giving up two runs as Boston took the first game if this three-game set, 5-4.
The Yankees and their arch-rivals to the north, the Boston Red Sox, square off tonight in the first of three in Boston’s first trip to Yankee Stadium of the season. While this probably has more to do with the inherent randomness of the schedule than anything else, this is actually the first time the Red [...]
Thus far in 2011, two Yankees legends have shown their age and performed in a manner that suggests their time as effective major league hitters is over. Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada have struggled to have a consistent impact offensively, with Jorge showing an inability to make consistent contact [...]
Josh Beckett was outright destructive last night, obliterating the flailing Yankee offense in an outing almost as dominating as his Game 6 series-clinching win in the 2003 World Series (a complete-game shutout, two walks, five hits, nine strikeouts), as he threw an eight-inning two-hit, 10-strikeout shutout (the strikeout total was the most he’s [...]
What looked to be yet another classic Fenway Park lead-exchanging back-and-forth turned into a no-doubter thanks to the bottom third of the Yankee lineup and the bullpen, as Curtis Granderson, Eric Chavez and Russell Martin combined to go 6-12 with two walks, three home runs — two by Martin, [...]
A predictably ugly game lived up to its ugliness, as Phil Hughes — who appeared to have even less command though slightly more velocity than he did in first ineffective outing — was battered for six earned runs on seven hits, two walks and zero strikeouts over a measly two innings, and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees