Recently, I penned a piece on Boston’s right fielder, J.D. Drew, extolling his virtues as a ballplayer while outlining his under-the-radar ways. I noted that Drew, throughout his three-year tenure in the Boson organization, has provided exceptional production for the Fenway faithful and, often, for a number of reasons, fans from both the [...]
Unbeknownst to many baseball fans, for the past three seasons, the Boston Red Sox have had a secret weapon roaming their outfield and anchoring their lineup. Quietly, since donning the white and red and being treated to Neil Diamond on a regular basis, this particular player has produced with both his glove and his [...]
Over the weekend, Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record compared Yankees second baseman, Robinson Cano, to Boston’s Dustin Pedroia. At one point in the text, Klapisch discusses the two in terms of fielding ability, and concludes that Cano is actually a better second baseman than Pedroia. “In this regard,” he writes, “Pedroia [...]
Jonathan Papelbon loves him some Mariano Rivera.
Here’s Papelbon discussing Mariano last month, on Boston’s the Sports Hub:
“Deep down in my heart, I would love to finish my career as a Red Sox. And I think everybody pretty much knows that, but that’s a very, very hard thing to do in this [...]
According to Frankie Piliere (FanHouse), the Aroldis Chapman Sweepstakes is an expensive one. Therefore, most mid-market teams will bow out of the proceedings, leaving the Red Sox and Yankees to battle it out for Chapman’s prized left arm. The situation seems pretty simple to me if this is the case, though. The Yankees [...]
Jon Heyman, along with an unnamed agent and general manager, offered a few contract predictions regarding the top 24 free agents for 2010. In the following mini-series, I’ve highlighted some of the more interesting names, including players that the Yankees will likely be interested in, and Yankees that will be granted free agency at [...]
Despite the endless supply of rain, last night’s game was a definite treat. CC Sabathia threw 7 strong innings, striking out 10 ChiSox, in what was a remarkable ballgame. CC was dominant for most of the affair and only gave up 2 ER in the 7th inning (a product of the rain, perhaps). Conversely, [...]
George King (NY Post) notes that the Yankees are interested in the recently released Brad Penny and, according to Buster Olney (ESPN), the Yankees actually claimed Penny on waivers earlier this month, only to see the Sox pull him back. Penny can become a free agent on Monday and is looking to
From George King III (NY Post):
After Burnett was spanked for nine runs and nine hits in five innings Saturday in a 14-1 loss, Posada said the pair weren’t on the same page.
Suggesting Girardi assign Molina to Burnett is dicey since he is 1-0 with a 4.08 ERA in three games with Molina. [...]
CC Sabathia threw 6 2/3 innings last night, giving up 3 ER on 8 hits while capturing his league-leading 15th win. He walked 0 and struck out 8. Although CC labored in the Fenway finale, tossing 118 pitches to Jose Molina, he was hurt by a couple of defensive miscues from Robinson Cano (one [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees