This doesn’t really merit a full post, but I’m surprised more people haven’t jumped down Bill Madden’s throat — and even more surprised that the Daily News’ fact-checking department (a) didn’t catch it yet, and (b) still hasn’t changed it — for blatantly getting Eduardo Nunez‘s name wrong in his latest column.
Mainstream media punching bag Bill Madden attempted to strike fear in the hearts of ill-informed and bridge-jumping Yankee fans this weekend, using his weekly soapbox to extol the virtues of Boston’s admittedly impressive starting rotation.
While it’s all well and good to point out a strength of the Yankees’ [...]
Here’s some reading material for a quiet holiday weekend Sunday morning
-Tremendous Yankee video retrospective covering everything from 1903 to 2008. About 8 1/2 minutes long, and worth every second. It’s incredible just how many great moments this franchise has had. (h/t to Zell’s Pinstripe Blog for the link)
Many beat writers and commentators have noticed the different feel around the Yanks these days. First came the music in the clubhouse, then pies in the face after walk offs, and now they’ve had their first Kangaroo Court session since Buck Showalter was manager. Throw in a toy WWE wrestling belt here and there and [...]
I linked to this article on Ramiro Pena yesterday, suggesting that we use caution when discussing a prospect who has seemingly come out of nowhere. Pena hit only .266/.330/.357 in Trenton and has never been higher than AA, yet Madden still felt that it was prudent to write the following:
Fact is, Pena has [...]
Yes, that is the front cover of today’s New York Post. One of New York’s largest daily newspapers has resorted to profanity to discuss a baseball story. That is some real highbrow stuff there.
However, if you think that is offensive, wait until you see what is inside some of the NY papers today. From [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees