Domenic over at Sliding Into Home takes a page from the MJR playbook in his post today comparing the Yankees and Red Sox’s 2011 Bill James projected wOBA numbers position by position. While I’ve been poring over as many projections as I can get my hands on, I [...]
Not that there was ever any doubt, but nonetheless it’s still heartening to see that the Yankees were able to reach a two-year agreement (at the same $15 million salary, to boot) with the immortal Mariano Rivera relatively quickly, in spite of several things:
(a) Mo reportedly was [...]
Earlier today we looked at some hypothetical 2011 Yankee lineups using the recently released 2011 Bill James projections, and this afternoon we’ll take a look at some of James’ pitching projections.
Not quite sure how I missed this, but Fangraphs added the 2011 Bill James projections on Monday. In the vast wasteland of offseason nothingness that has enveloped my baseball-obsessed soul, this is like manna from heaven.
This will be the first in what [...]
During the last few days we’ve heard some rumblings about the Yankees’ apparent lust for free-agent-to-be Carl Crawford, hence why the team might not be that keen on a hypothetical Curtis Granderson/Brett Gardner flip-flop in the outfield, despite the fact that both offensively and defensively Curtis in left [...]
On Friday we looked at the 2010 Yankees’ projected wOBAs through the four available projection systems, and today we’ll take a quick look at the projected starting rotation using FIP.
The usual caveats apply here with the FIP projections — some of the older projections — James [...]
Stat geeks rejoice, as a fourth major projection system, TangoTiger’s Marcel, has released its 2010 numbers, joining Bill James’, which has been around since the 2009 season ended; Replacement Level’s SG’s CAIRO system; and Sean Smith’s CHONE projections.
Now that we have four systems to compare, we may [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees