Now, we’re just 29 days away from Spring Training. It’s so close we can practically taste it. Today, I wanted to talk about someone who gets a bit overlooked in recent Yankee history. The (ugh) Core Four is always referred to as Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera, and [...]
Yesterday, all of our rooms got a little dusty between 11 AM and noon as Jorge Posada announced his retirement from Major League Baseball. There is no doubt that Posada was a great Yankee. He gave us so many incredible memories and I cannot wait for the day when Jorge is brought back [...]
Before I get into this, my first post at The Yankee Analysts, I’d like to thank everyone here for giving me this opportunity and for welcoming me so fully to the team. I have accepted this position knowing that TYA is not only among the best Yankees blogs on the internet, but among the best [...]
Though I didn’t watch the show, it did get me thinking. All three of the outfielders mentioned in that article, Reggie Jackson; Bernie Williams; and Paul O’Neill, are some of the finest the Yankees have had in the post DH era. Back when this blog was still (partially) The Yankee U, [...]
Every year, I tell myself that I’m not going to get worked up over the Hall of Fame Ballot. I’m not going to get into it. I’m not going to get riled up. Nope, I’m not going to do it. And every year, what do I do? I break that promise to myself. [...]
Fellow Yankee blogger Lenny Neslin, creator of LenNY’s Yankees, was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to chat with Bernie Williams on the phone last night and posted the interview on his site. Be sure to head on over there to listen to Lenny’s chat with the former Yankee great.
This article was inspired by great friend of the blog, and all around great person, @SherriPizza.
There was an article on ESPN yesterday–which I will not link to because I don’t want to give clicks to an article with a poor premise–about how Curtis Granderson leading the Yankees in home runs and [...]
Recently I was thinking about fielding data, something that’s admittedly an unperfected area of sabermetrics. Debate over just how imperfect the data is has been raging for some time now. I think most of us know that UZR and the likes have serious flaws- prone to sample size issues the data can skew analysis in [...]
Because of the on going Derek Jeter negotiations (they show up in every article, huh?), I’ve been thinking a lot about the last player the Yankees took a hard stand on: Bernie Williams. Like Jeter, he was an icon of the team. He’d spent his whole career with the Yankees, winning four World Series [...]
When I heard that today is Bernie WIlliams’ 42nd birthday, I thought it would be interesting to look back at his career and the possibility of his reaching the Hall of Fame. Another angle I considered was his bitter split with the Yankees at the end of his career, as it may be instructive when [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees