After a ridiculously busy Monday that saw the signing of the top pitcher on the market, a blockbuster 3-team deal, and the news that the Cardinals may offer Matt Holliday an 8-year deal, the hot stove is still burning. While Boston made some big acquisitions yesterday in the form of John Lackey and Mike Cameron [...]
Given that I was just talking about them this morning, it seems only fitting that Matt Holliday’s and Ben Sheets’ names popped up again today. This isn’t exactly new news, but the Cardinals have supposedly offered Holliday an eight-year, $128 million deal, which, if true, means that Holliday will [...]
The Blue Jays, Phillies and Mariners are close to agreeing to a three-team deal that has Roy Halladay heading to the Philadelphia, Cliff Lee going to Seattle and a boatload of prospects suddenly in need of the Dollars-to-Loonies exchange rate. No one seems entirely [...]
-The power has shifted in the AL West race, and fairly dramatically. Cliff Lee going to Seattle and Lackey leaving the Angels for Boston is a big swing in Seattle’s direction. Seattle now boasts arguably the best 1-2 punch in all of Baseball with Lee-Hernandez atop their rotation, and will therefore be extremely dangerous should [...]
Mark Feinsand of the NY Daily News reports that the Yanks are pursuing their starting pitching targets now that the talks between them and Johnny Damon appear to be at a standstill. He writes:
Brian Cashman is looking to add at least one more starter from outside the [...]
Shortly after I put up yesterday afternoon’s post examining the Yankees’ potential free agent pitching acquisitions, news broke on two of them. Rich Harden has apparently agreed to terms with the Rangers on a one-year, $7.5 million deal (with an $11.5 million option) pending a physical.
This initially [...]
Brian kind of looks like Lee Harvey Oswald, doesn’t he? Anyway, a few potential Yankee targets went off the board late last night, and some deals are close that may affect others. Here’s a recap of Wednesday’s events:
-The Rays acquired closer Rafael Soriano from the Braves in exchange for Jesse [...]
From Ken Rosenthal:
The Rangers are putting their savings from the Kevin Millwood trade to good use.
Free-agent right-hander Rich Harden is close to signing a one-year contract with the Rangers, according to a major-league source.
The deal, valued at $7.5 million according to published reports, qualifies as one of the biggest surprises of [...]
A recent post by Tyler Kepner in the New York Times Bats blog kicks around the idea that the Yanks could be looking at one of the many high-upside starters available this off season. He writes:
Ben Sheets, Rich Harden and Erik Bedard have all been top-of-the-rotation starters in the recent [...]
From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
Free-agent right-hander Ben Sheets underwent successful surgery on his right elbow Tuesday and is hopeful of returning after the All-Star break, according to a major-league source.
Expect Sheets’ name to pop up again, later in the season…
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees