After bludgeoning their way to the American League Championship Series in 2004 in spite of one of the worst collective team pitching performances in franchise history, Brian Cashman set out to revamp his team’s rotation the following season to ensure the fanbase wouldn’t have to endure another year of mostly dreadful pitching. In 2005, [...]
For all of 2011, we’ve marveled at Bartolo Colon‘s ability to be successful despite not mixing his pitches too much. He’s relied on good location and great movement on his two-seam fastball to catch a bunch of batters looking at strike three. Last night, we saw what can go wrong when the fastball [...]
Bartolo Colon had his worst start since May 23 against Toronto — and perhaps his worst start of the season — throwing 5 2/3 innings of five-run ball and allowing a season-high 14 baserunners, as the Yankees lost for the fourth time in their last five games, falling to the Rays 5-1. [...]
Hope everyone’s enjoying the Fourth of July safely! Anyway, onto the events of the weekend.
1. Way to go, Bartolo Colon! I didn’t get to watch any of this because I was with friends for the day, but everything about the start just sounds fantastic. 6 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 [...]
Bartolo Colon picked things up right where he left off when he was put on the DL with a strained hamstring. In six innings of work, Colon threw 80 pitches — which was his target for the day — allowing no runs, striking out six, walking none and giving up just five hits. [...]
Bartolo Colon could start on Saturday. Phil Hughes may not need another rehab start, per Brian Cashman. If they both come back soon, the Yankees could be left with “too much pitching”, at least in terms of the rotation. They would have those two to go along with CC [...]
I was wondering about the Phil Hughes situation. I heard that the Yankees are stretching him out to come back as a starter. I also heard that when he comes back, they might move Colon to the long man spot. I think that instead [...]
During the game last night, we heard that the Yankees essentially “poached” pitcher Brian Gordon from the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, the AAA affiliate for the Phillies, so that he could (most likely) start the game for the Bombers on Thursday that is vacated by Bartolo Colon. Gordon had a minor league [...]
The Bartolo Colon Renaissance Tour continued Saturday afternoon for 6 2/3 more brilliant shutout innings before encountering an unfortunate roadblock in a pulled left hamstring. In the postgame Joe Girardi said he didn’t know how long they’d be without Colon until tomorrow, while Brian Cashman said he expected a DL [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees