The Yankees’ starting rotation has performed surprisingly well thus far in 2011, with the 4th best ERA (and FIP) in the American League. An amazing year from CC Sabathia, surprising effectiveness from Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon, and adequate years from A.J. Burnett and Ivan [...]
There’s been a lot of talk this week about six man rotations and the Yankees. It seems that the media, too, is whipping up the competition angle when it comes to Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova. If Joe Girardi doesn’t stick with the six man rotation, it would appear that [...]
As Mike Axisa outlined yesterday over at RAB (UPDATE: Chad Jennings confirms), the combination of Saturday’s doubleheader and the relative struggles of Phil Hughes and success of Ivan Nova has made it likely that the Yankees will go to a 6 man rotation for the next week. This is [...]
Now that’s more like it.
The Yankees roughed Chris Tillman up once again, getting the Oriole righty for 7 runs (five earned) in 4.1 innings and ultimately beating Baltimore 8-3 in Game 1 of today’s day-night doubleheader. This game represented a delightful turnaround after the Yankees were surprisingly shut down by
As the trade deadline approaches, I’m increasingly certain that the Yankees aren’t going to make a trade for a number two starter. The Yankees have a legitimately deep, talented farm system that they intend to squander with value that needs to be assessed carefully. That big, empty-the-farm pitcher isn’t available this year.
After yesterday’s frustrating loss, the Yankees returned with a vengeance this afternoon. Even though the A’s scored first and attempted a late rally, the game just never felt within their reach. Instead they left New York dispirited — flying off to wherever they’re scheduled to play next with yet another series loss at the [...]
As many have noted, something seemed off with Bartolo Colon‘s non-performance against the Blue Jays last night. After the game, Colon himself noted that he doesn’t have complete confidence in his leg, and if that is indeed the case it sounds like he could use some additional time to heal from the [...]
So last night was hardly a banner night for the Yankee pitching staff. Bartolo Colon didn’t make it out of the first inning (though not all of it was his fault) and then each Yankee reliever gave up at least one run in the course of pitching in relief. Boone Logan was Boone Logan and [...]
Safe to say this was not the way the Yankees were hoping to kick off the second half of the season.
Events unfolded about as terribly as one could imagine in Thursday night’s ballgame, as the Blue Jays scored eight times in the first inning and led 9-0 after two. Though the eight first-inning runs [...]
During this off week we’ve spent a couple of posts looking at the 2011 Yankees’ splits and how they’ve performed compared to the league and themselves during the last few seasons; in this piece I want to take a more straightforward look at how the Yankees are doing in a select group of offensive and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees