You know the drill. Let’s run down some of the Yankee pitchers and see how they did compared to their projections.
To say this rotation was a surprise would be an understatement in the extreme. Coming into the 2011 season, it was easily the weakest part of the team. Despite that, the Yankee starters [...]
I admittedly haven’t been watching much baseball since the Yankees clinched their playoff spot last Wednesday, and so I didn’t see a single inning of last night’s 5-3 loss to the Rays. This feeling of ennui in the aftermath of Yankee losses is a weird one — one that will undoubtedly be shaken off [...]
I skipped this one, and it looks like I didn’t miss all that much, as the Rays bludgeoned the Yanks 15-8 behind a beastly performance from rookie phenom Matt Moore, who struck out 11 Yankees and allowed zero runs over five innings, picking up the win in his first career Major League [...]
If you really sit back and think about it, a Spring Training battle for any position should mean absolutely nothing. Not only is the sample size absurdly small, but the results obtained are against lineups and/or pitching staffs that are either warming up or severely compromised because of split-squads, guys getting eased into things, etc. [...]
Maybe this is a post better saved for when the season actually ends, but I think a lot of these things are worth noting right now.
Regardless of how the postseason goes, when I think back to the 2011 regular season, the first thing I’ll think of is surprise. I didn’t think the Yankees [...]
Mariano Rivera once again made history Saturday afternoon in Toronto, throwing a perfect ninth inning to preserve the Yankees’ 7-6 victory over Toronto, earning his 601st career save in the process and tying Trevor Hoffman for the all-time record.
That Mo was even in position to record the save was [...]
How come the Yankees couldn’t get this Weaver during that fateful trade nine years ago?
Jered Weaver was masterful in this one, going eight strong innings, striking out 11 men and yielding only three hits and one run. Though he didn’t get the win, the Angels were able to Angel their way to [...]
What a difference a year makes, at least as far as the Yankees facing elite AL East southpaws goes.
In 2010, Jon Lester started against the Yankees 4 times and threw 25.1 innings of 6-run ball, and the Red Sox won three of his four starts.
In 2011, Jon Lester has also started [...]
This was the Zach Britton Baltimore’s been waiting for all season.
The young lefthander had the Yankees completely fooled with a filthy two-seamer (Ken Singleton and Michael Kay kept calling it a sinker, but Brooks has it as a two-seamer) that racked up an absurd -3.6007 linear weights, complemented by [...]
Last night, I had an excellent time at the Wood-n-Tap with some of my favorite fellow Yankee fanatics. We ate, we drank, we laughed, we mocked the bunt (along with anything else worth mocking), and generally chatted about all things baseball. It was a great time, especially as I haven’t had a chance to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees