Through the first five innings, Thursday night’s contest between the Yankees and the Orioles unfolded in about as unsurprising a manner as possible. While I had high hopes that Phil Hughes would be able to put his ugly first two starts behind, #65′s struggles continued, as he only made it through 4.1 innings, [...]
After last night’s victory, the Yankees look to sweep the abbreviated series with the O’s tonight at the Stadium. First pitch is at 7:10pm, as Phil Hughes tries to turn things around and propel the Yankees into sole possession of first place. Jake Arrieta goes for the Orioles.
It seems a couple of days off did the Yankee offense some good, as the Bombers picked up seven runs on 11 hits en route to a 7-4 victory at the Stadium on Wednesday. A.J. Burnett (6.1IP, 7H, 4ER, 2BB, 5K, 5 groundouts and 7 flyouts) mostly cruised through the first six [...]
The Yankees (5-4, tied for 2nd) host the surprising Orioles (6-3, 1st place) for a three-gamer at Yankee Stadium beginning tonight, with Baltimore coming into a series with New York playing better baseball than their AL East rivals for the first time in quite a while.
While the season is of course still quite young, [...]
Recently in a very entertaining interview with Men’s Journal, Buck Showalter made some bold remarks.
“The first time we went to Yankee Stadium, I screamed at Derek Jeter from the dugout. Our guys are thinking, ‘Wow, he’s screaming at Derek Jeter.’ Well, he’s always jumping back from balls just off the [...]
At long last, I’ll be done with this series of posts. And, fittingly, we end it with the Yankees’ division: The American League East. Without question, this is the best division in baseball. The Yankees, Rays, and Red Sox are three of the top teams in either [...]
With Spring Training a few weeks old, I thought it would be useful to check in on the other 4 AL East teams and see which story lines have dominated their camps thus far.
Boston Red Sox
Prospects Opening Eyes: A number of prospects who play the middle infield have been quite impressive, with 2B [...]
While I’ve taken a look at the Yankees via seemingly every projection system known to man this winter, for a change of pace today I’m going to kick off a four-part series analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of each of the Yankees’ AL East rivals.
We start out with Baltimore — arguably the [...]
Joe Girardi decided to rest both Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez for this one, and I can’t say I had a problem with the move. Having already won the series in Baltimore, getting some extra rest for Tex — who has remained in the lineup despite a big [...]
CC Sabathia threw seven innings of one-run ball as the Yankee bats came alive to thump the Baltimore Buck Showalters 11-3 on Saturday night, representing their first series win and first victory by more than one run in two weeks. As exciting as tremendous pitchers’ duels can be, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees