I’m back! My summer in the woods was fantastic, as always. I will now be writing regularly for the blog yet again. While I am away every summer, I always miss short-season baseball. I’m now presented with a nice, robust sample of number for two full Yankee teams to analyze. These statistics can be useful, [...]
UPDATE: 3:13 PM: I said two days ago that I expected the Yankees to approach signability guys with the Powell Doctrine – overwhelming force – in the middle rounds. They didn’t do a ton of that yesterday, but as Levine from Scout.com has been reporting on twitter, the Yankees haven’t touched a single [...]
Short-season A-ball can sometimes be exciting to follow, but oftentimes it gets a little mundane. The league’s bread and butter includes players who just graduated college, were drafted by MLB teams, and are setting out to start their careers as professional baseball players. The problem is that top prospects these days often sign pretty late [...]
The 2011 MLB draft is just about a week away. As I usually try to, I’ve resisted writing about the draft so far. Other bloggers on the minor league baseball beat have tried to do some guessing and profiling of potential draftees, but I find that these profiles, mock drafts, and other previews tend to [...]
Continuing with Monday’s post, I am reviewing things that surprised me while away for three months. The first five items on Monday dealt with players more established in the system. Now, its time for the fresh out of the box surprises.
6. Adam Warren is the real deal.
With the recent news of the Yanks signing their 4th Round pick Angelo Gumbs to a $750,000 bonus, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a breakdown his background and the skill set we’ve been hearing about since being drafted. Hailing from Torrance High School in California, he is a product [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees