Earlier today, I wrote about the good and the bad things that’ve entailed Andy Pettitte‘s comeback. Once the game started, Andy showed us all nothing but the good. He was vintage Andy…hell, he was better than that. Going 7.1 fantastic innings, Pettitte allowed just four baserunners–a pair of walks and hits [...]
Through four starts, it’s hard to classify Andy Pettitte‘s return to the Yankee rotation as anything but successful. If we’re setting the bar low, it’s great that he’s shown he’s still able to get out there and pitch every five days. Setting the bar a bit higher, he’s pitched reasonably well in his [...]
Tonight was test number three for Andy Pettitte, who was last seen devastating the Red’s lineup with 8.0 shutout innings of 4 hit ball. Of course the Royals lineup is a little more challenging, showcasing bats like Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, [...]
Following last Sunday’s big return of Andy Pettitte, the 40 year old left hander came into tonight’s game against the Reds in the stopper position. With a three game losing streak and an anemic offense showing no signs of life, Pettitte needed to turn back the clock. Despite striking out the [...]
There are some games you have to win. Count among those games against the piddling Seattle offense when Kevin Millwood is on the mound. This game had Yankee slug fest written all over it. Kevin Millwood is not a very good pitcher. He entered today’s game with a very hittable 5.09/3.61/4.38 pitching line. [...]
Mariano Rivera‘s unfortunate injury reminded me just how much I’ve enjoyed watching the Yankees over the years. The team may not feel the same to me on that fateful day when every member of the late nineties dynasty, the Yankees’ incarnation I grew up with, has retired. Fortunately for all of us we [...]
The Yankees top prospect, Manny Banuelos, saw mixed results in the early months of this season. The left handed pitcher emerged out of the early spring throwing an improved curveball and a new cutter to compliment his already plus fastball and changeup. For the 21 year old pitcher entering the 2012 season in [...]
Nick Swisher will be manning right field this evening for the first time in what seems like a lifetime (likely due to the lifetime’s worth of errors and miscues by made by Raul Ibanez and Eduardo Nunez in the outfield) – weather permitting, of course. Andy Pettitte will toe the rubber against the [...]
It seems like only yesterday when baseball prognosticators everywhere were wondering what the Yankees would do with all their starters. The team didn’t have room for all those arms! The Yankees had too much pitching, literally, for four games. That’s about how many starts it took for everyone to realize that Freddy Garcia [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
Andy Pettitte is coming. While the 5 guys currently in the rotation work to find their games and get where they need to be, the fact remains that Pettitte, barring injury, is going to be ready to join [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees