(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
2011 was a helluva season for Curtis Granderson. Less than 1 year after he had to miss 2 games in the middle of the season to completely rework his swing with Kevin Long, C-Grand used that new swing to put [...]
As I wrote this, the Yankees took game number two of their double header against the Yankees and some things passed through my head during both games:
Vazquez on track?
It’s just one start, but Javy looked fantastic yesterday. If not for one “meh” inning, the game might still be going on. 7 IP, 5 [...]
Derek Jeter’s gotten off to a fine start. He hasn’t quite heated up yet, but he’s not exactly been cold either. Going into last night’s win against the Orioles, his wOBA was at a solid .344, and that’s going to be higher today thanks to a double and a single last night. There is [...]
“It’s more than an honor to hit behind A-Rod and in front of Posada,” Cano said. “That means I’m going to have to step it up early in the season.”
With the addition of Curtis Granderson and the loss of Hideki Matsui and Johnny Damon, some pundits have claimed that if the 2010 Yanks will have one Achilles heel heading into next season, it will be facing the Lefty starter. But is that true? Off the top of my head I know that Nick [...]
This morning, John Sickels posted an article in which he suggested that sabermetric analysis has become too granular to be interesting and fresh:
The newest stuff is becoming so granular that I’m having problems making sense of it. I’m a humanities guy, and the most advanced math is beyond my ability to completely comprehend. [...]
Critics of the Yanks in recent years would tag them as an ‘all or nothing’ team, a bully offensive group that could score in the regular season against weak starters and middle relief, but would go to sleep in the playoffs facing the better pitchers. Is this true of the 09 Yanks? Or is it [...]
-Whoever’s idea it was on the Red Sox to have Penny throw at A-Rod early deserves a raise. That game had 6-0 Yanks by the 3rd inning written all over it when you looked at the pitching match up, and the Sox set the tone right there that they would have none of [...]
. He delves into the changing nature of free agency, how the economy will affect teams among other topics. But what I thought was [...]
One of the main arguments the B-Jobbers have for putting Joba in the pen is the superiority of the Red Sox bullpen this year. They want Joba sent to the bullpen now in an attempt to match the Sox in their area of strength. But chances are, this will all be irrelevant come playoff time.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees