In a contest with a final score that seemed rather appropriate for the so-called “year of the pitcher,” the National League finally beat the American League in the All-Star Game for the first time in 14 years, winning 3-1 on the strength of some ridiculous pitching.
Though I enjoy [...]
We have had a lot of discussion here at TYU over the last few days regarding the All Star game and whether certain Yankees players should be chosen to attend this year’s contest. I wanted to create a thread where everyone could log their choices for Yankee All-Stars. Simply put, imagine fans did not vote [...]
I’ve felt this way for sometime, but let me now state for whatever posterity exists online that the All-Star Game in every American sport needs to be eliminated. These exhibition games are a waste of time.
The NBA All-Star Game hits this home the hardest. This is meant to be the NBA’s flagship annual [...]
Mark Teixeira—not Kevin Youkilis—will be the starting first baseman for the American League in the 2009 All-Star Game. Teixeira narrowly defeated Youkilis in this year’s voting as the deadline approached and will represent the Yankees along with teammates Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter. Awesome [...]
A few windows I have open in my browser that could not be worked into individual posts:
Tom Verducci picked his All-Stars, and he only has two Yankees (Jeter and Rivera). I think Teixeira and Sabathia both have a decent shot as well, but his team is fairly reasonable. I will have more on [...]
Caleb’s Door move Alright everyone, you know the drill. Mark Teixeira is vying for his second All-Star Game start at 1B and Kevin Youkilis is muscling in on his goal, as he surpassed Tex this week in the voting. If you [...]
Ben over at RAB had the following to say about the ASG:
For some reason, Major League Baseball insists on turning the All Star Game, a glorified exhibition for the game’s best players, into something that plays a determining role in the World Series, the game’s crowning [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees