This is part 1 of 5 of The Yankee U’s 2010 ALCS Preview.
Thanks to a best-case scenario five game series between the Rangers and the Rays, robot pitcher Cliff Lee will not start Game 1 of the ALCS. Even better, all indications appear to be that he won’t start Game 2 either since [...]
And so it’s finally official: the Yankees will face the Texas Rangers in the 2010 American League Championship Series starting Friday night. This is the first time the Yankees have met Texas in the ALCS, though the Yankees are 3-0 against the Rangers in Division Series play. This is the [...]
Earlier today, rumors surfaced of a day game in the 2010 ALCS. When I inquired if there was any firm word on this, reader Jamal Gr pointed me to TBS.com. Lo and behold, in their day-to-day TV schedule is the 2010 ALCS. As far as I can tell this has not been confirmed by anyone, [...]
Brian Cashman’s disclosure that the Yankees would use four starters in the ALCS hardly comes as a surprise. By eliminating the off-day between Games 4 and 5, MLB made it significantly more difficult for teams to use three starters in the first round as the Yankees did last year. Of course, it’s still possible. It [...]
The 2009 post-season run by the Yankees was obviously fantastic. They swept the Twins ALDS, beat the Angels 4-2 in the ALCS, and then beat the Phillies 4-2 in the World Series. Somehow, it didn’t hit me until last night while watching Game One of the ALDS versus the Twins (moving to the bottom of [...]
The Yankees (87-56) head down to Tampa (86-56) tonight for their fifth set of the season with the Rays, who they have gone 5-6 against thus far in 2010 and hold a scant 1/2 game lead over for first place in the AL East. This also marks a second straight [...]
By Mike Jaggers-Radolf
Setting aside the Steinbrenner family’s gargantuan annual expectations for the Yankees, one thing is certain: 2009 has been a fantastic success for the team on the field, no matter when the Yankees’ season comes to its eventual end. The team put up its best record since 2002, has advanced deeper into the [...]
The New York Yankees won the 2009 American League Championship Series in a 5-2 Game 6 victory against the Los Angeles Angels behind new all-time postseason victory leader Andy Pettitte.
The Angels drew first blood against Pettitte — who was phenomenal, and whose final line was 6.1 IP, 7H, [...]
Lineups via LoHud:
Derek Jeter SS
Johnny Damon LF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Jorge Posada C
Hideki Matsui DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Melky Cabrera CF
Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (1-0, 2.84 ERA in postseason)
Chone Figgins 3B
From Brittany Ghiroli (MLB):
Hughes has allowed nine hits in 4 2/3 innings, posting a 5.79 ERA that pitching coach Dave Eiland says is largely the result of an old mechanical problem resurfacing.”[It's] just a minor adjustment and he knows it,” Eiland said prior to the team’s optional workout on Friday afternoon. “It’s [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees