During a wet, incredibly sloppy afternoon (the Yankees and Orioles combined for six(!) errors), A.J. Burnett turned in what can really only be deemed a Burnett-esque performance at this point. He didn’t get killed, but he gave up four runs in six innings on seven hits — including a two-run homer to
Well, we’re about to be at that point where the Yankees are going to whittle the rotation down to five guys. Phil Hughes had some okay starts lately, despite a clunker against Oakland and a not-so-hot but not-as-awful-as-it-looked start against Boston on Wednesday night. A.J. Burnett has just been bad overall, [...]
In perhaps the least expected turn of events in recent Yankee history, A.J. Burnett managed to turn in a respectable performance against the best non-Yankee offense in Major League Baseball — allowing less than three earned runs in a start for the first time since June 29 against the Brewers — as the [...]
I know many die-hard Yankee fans have been waiting for a sign from Yankee decision makers that AJ Burnett is in danger of losing his spot in the Yankee rotation. To date, Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi have been staunch defenders of AJ, but at least one of those men have opened the door for [...]
After giving up nine runs over five innings in the Yankees’ 12-5 loss to the Orioles last night, A.J. Burnett‘s ERA rose to 5.31 — the worst mark in the American League among qualified pitchers, and worse than the awful mark he finished his wretched 2010 with. Discuss.
Last night, I had an excellent time at the Wood-n-Tap with some of my favorite fellow Yankee fanatics. We ate, we drank, we laughed, we mocked the bunt (along with anything else worth mocking), and generally chatted about all things baseball. It was a great time, especially as I haven’t had a chance to [...]
Yesterday, word came down that a bunch of players were put on waivers with some likely to clear soon. The list includes Jim Thome, Wandy Rodriguez, Heath Bell, Carlos Pena, and Jason Kubel. Each one of those players could help the Yankees [...]
Apparently, there was some drama involving A.J. Burnett and Joe Girardi during Saturday night’s game. I didn’t see any of it happen because of a family gathering. If you were following Twitter at all this weekend, you know that Moshe has been all over this issue. What I want to talk about [...]
In discussing last night’s non-controversy this morning, Steve already has last night’s game covered, but even though I’m quite busy this morning I at least wanted to get something quick up for posterity.
As you know, the Yankees lost to the Twins 9-4 last night behind yet another terrible A.J. Burnett outing, the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees