Last month I took a look at how the members of the Yankee starting lineup were performing compared to their preseason projections, and so it seemed appropriate to finally review how the pitching staff has fared in relation to their projections.
Having taken a look at the 2011 ZiPS numbers for the Yankees’ hitters and pitchers, we’ve finally completed our tour of each of the major 2011 projection systems. What better way to encapsulate everything we’ve learned than by averaging out the results for the Yankees’ expected 2011 starting lineup and the pitchers vying [...]
This offseason I’ve taken you through every major projection system I could get my hands on: shortly after the World Series we looked at Bill James’ expectedly optimistic projections; SG’s pragmatic CAIRO projections; THT’s rather pessimistic non-park adjusted Oliver projections; Tango’s slightly-less-dire-than-Oliver non-park adjusted Marcel projections; and PECOTA’s reasonable, CAIRO-esque [...]
Baseball Prospectus released the first iteration of its 2011 PECOTA projections (the bane of Mike’s existence) yesterday, and my initial impression is that they are quite a bit more favorable to the Yankees than the Marcels were (however, this is due in part to their being
Tango’s 2011 Marcel projections are here! Only, if you’re a Yankee fan, they may make you want to crawl into a deep, dark hole somewhere.
Thus far this offseason we’ve been treated to three projection systems: Bill James‘ came out first, [...]
I recently bought a subscription to The Hardball Times’ 2011 Forecasts, which features projections utilizing its Oliver forecasting system, and if you thought Bill James was too optimistic and CAIRO too realistic, Oliver’s got the pessimism end of the spectrum covered [...]
Domenic over at Sliding Into Home takes a page from the MJR playbook in his post today comparing the Yankees and Red Sox’s 2011 Bill James projected wOBA numbers position by position. While I’ve been poring over as many projections as I can get my hands on, I [...]
SG has released the first round of 2011 Yankee pitcher projections. Please click here for my analysis of CAIRO’s 2011 hitting projections.
The below pitching projection table shows what I expect would be the starting rotation (in the event that Cliff [...]
Unsurprisingly they’re more conservative than Bill James‘ projections, although in most cases not dramatically so, except for Jesus Montero.
As discussed last week, [...]
Earlier today we looked at some hypothetical 2011 Yankee lineups using the recently released 2011 Bill James projections, and this afternoon we’ll take a look at some of James’ pitching projections.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees