Nick Swisher wasn’t supposed to be this good, at least not as far as Ozzie Guillen and the Chicago White Sox were concerned. Swisher broke into the majors with the Oakland Athletics, where he thrived in his first three seasons, posting wOBAs of .331, .368 and .361, respectively. In 2008, [...]
During the 2009-2010 offseason, when it became apparent that the Tigers will willing to trade Curtis Granderson, the Yankees reviewed their system and determined that Austin Jackson‘s best-case scenario would be turning into Granderson, and therefore decided to trade future potential for the already-established model.
Granderson had come off a [...]
It’s easy to forget it now, but the 2010 Yankees were stacked on paper heading into the season. The team had a legitimate staff of five pitchers with proven track records (funny how that turned out) and an All Star-caliber player at every position — every position save one, that is: Left field. In [...]
How the mighty have fallen. In 2009 Derek Jeter was still the Yankees’ golden boy. He posted a wOBA of .390, the third-best mark of his career, and posted a .947 OPS in the World Series, leading the Yankees to their fifth title during his tenure. In 2010, however, that all came [...]
In 2007, Alex Rodriguez posted a wOBA of .449 (which is practically unfair) and hit 54 homers. In 2008 he posted a wOBA of .413 and slugged 35 homers in an injury shortened season. In 2009, A-Rod missed even more time, but managed an excellent .405 wOBA when he played, and hit 30 [...]
2010 was Robinson Cano‘s coming out party. He exploded out of the gate, posting an incredible .497 wOBA in April, while batting .400. He posted a wOBA below .375 in only a single calendar month and went on to post career highs in homers, OBP, walk rate, slugging, wOBA, fWAR, OPS+ and bWAR. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees