Baseball America posted their 2011 Draft Report Cards today, and the Yankee report (subscriber-only) has some nice info on some of the Yankee draftees. While initially bearish on the Yankee haul at the time of the draft, John Manuel and Jim Callis do see some reason to be excited about the Yankees’ newest acquisitions. [...]
The draft took place about a month ago now and the Yankees have signed 12 players so far. Here’s a look at who has signed at this point:
Sam Stafford and Justin James are the most recent signings to this point. Here’s how they’ve done so far in a [...]
As expected, the Yankees have signed their first round pick Dante Bichette, Jr. The bonus is reportedly for $750,000, which is just a bit above the slot recommendation of $694,800 and he will join the GCL Yankees when their season begins on Monday.
Good luck, Dante.
After two long days, we now have 30 new potential members of the Yankee organization to talk about. I’ll have some big-picture thoughts tomorrow afternoon, while the remainder of the draft is conducted, but for now here is a summary table, plus my preliminary notes on the first 30 picks.
LHP Sam Stafford
Junior – University of Texas
6’4″ 195 lbs
88th Overall, Second Round
We don’t have a big plurality of sources, but reports having him hitting 92, with some project left in his body. One observer graded his command above average, but he has a [...]
At long last, the 2011 MLB draft is finally here, and with it, an opportunity for the Yankees to further strengthen their farm system and acquire future Bronx Bombers. TV coverage begins at 6 PM Eastern on MLB Network with a preview, with the first round beginning at 7 PM. In addition to the first [...]
The 2011 MLB draft is just about a week away. As I usually try to, I’ve resisted writing about the draft so far. Other bloggers on the minor league baseball beat have tried to do some guessing and profiling of potential draftees, but I find that these profiles, mock drafts, and other previews tend to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees