This one started out in such promising fashion, too. Despite jumping out to a 5-1 lead behind their ace, CC Sabathia finally gave way in the sixth inning and the Yankee bullpen couldn’t hold a lead to save its life in the first game of the year, losing 9-7 [...]
The 2010 baseball season finally kicks off tonight, as our beloved Yankees take on the Boston Red Sox at 8:05pm at Fenway Park. Toeing the rubber for the Yankees for his second straight Opening Day start is CC Sabathia, who will be opposed by Josh Beckett. I haven’t seen [...]
By popular demand as a follow-up to my study of how the Yankees have fared at Fenway Park since 2003, I’ve decided to explore what the Yankees have done vs. the Red Sox at home since 2003, and then we’ll calculate all the totals to find out how the [...]
I cannot remember feeling as excited for any other baseball season as I do for the 2010 season (Editor’s note: Agreed!). Any title defense season is cause for excitement, but I was too young to appreciate it in the 90s. I’ve been a baseball fanatic since I was about four years [...]
Oh happy day. SG’s 2010 Diamond Mind Projection Blowout for both the AL and NL was posted yesterday. For those unfamiliar, this is an aggregate of five noteworthy projection systems, run 1,000 times each for a total of 5,000 iterations.
The Yankees unsurprisingly project to be the best [...]
On Monday I discussed how the Yankee hitters have fared in spring training. Today I turn my focus to the pitchers.
Before I dive into the breakdown, allow me a moment to say that spring training stats for pitchers are even more meaningless than the stats for hitters. These stats don’t adjust for [...]
As every Yankeeist reader will certainly know, the Yankees start their 2010 title defense on Sunday, April 4th versus the Boston Red Sox. With less than a week of Spring Training to go, now seems like a good time to take a look at how the bombers have fared. For the record, Spring [...]
A dialogue about the Yankees’ annual slow start has taken place in the comments section of my recent post on CC Sabathia’s 2nd spring training start. The crux of the discussion is simple, it seems to me and my co-conspirators that the Yankees have become a team that doesn’t play to its potential [...]
CC Sabathia made his second spring training start today, this time facing the Pirates. The results were … inconsistent. CC was a punching bag in the 1st, giving up 4 straight hits, a 3 run home run, and 4 runs in total. John Flaherty suggested that CC was struggling to locate his fastball, [...]
I set out to watch today’s spring training game against the Phillies to watch Roy Halladay and CC Sabathia warm up. Who can turn down a pitching matchup like that? But what’ll stick in my mind is that Joe Girardi put Jesus Montero in to lead off the ninth inning. With [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees