With the Yankees’ loss to Philly last night, the Rays’ loss to Atlanta, and the scrappy, small-market Red Sox’s win over Arizona, the tight race in the AL East that everyone predicted in the preseason is finally here. The three teams sit atop the AL East, and all of baseball. [...]
With Jorge Posada back from the DL, the Yankees have a circular lineup again. Through Tuesday’s victor over the Orioles the Yankees have been busting out the following lineup:
That’s a solid order from start to finish, but some players are better than others. Here’s a closer look at how everyone [...]
For previous Yankeeist 2010 previews, please click on the following:
Before I get started, a quick analysis of the pitching is in order. The team ERA is 3.43 and the team WHIP is 1.20. Those are good enough for 4th and 1st in the majors respectively. If Javier Vazquez comes around then all five starters will be performing at or above expectations, at [...]
It came early this year. Usually I get emails about the Yankees later in the season, sometimes as late as July. Today I got the first inside joke email of the year about the Yankees. My buddy ended it, “PS: The Yankees are on pace to win 121.5 games.” I responded appropriately: “Only 121.5?”
The unstoppable force that is the 2010 Yankees continued to lay waste to all comers on Sunday afternoon, dumping Texas 5-2 and completing their first sweep of the year.
Andy Pettitte had a third straight strong outing to open up the year, holding the Rangers to four hits over [...]
Even my friends who are just casual Yankee fans are aware of the fact that the team usually gets off to slow starts. That’s why the team’s strong play this early April, further underscored by yesterday’s 7-5 win over the Halos in the home opener, has come as such a welcome surprise to [...]
Around the start of May last year I was asking people what was wrong with the team and when they thought the bombers would turn it around. I know its only three games into the season, but this looks and feels different. To come into Boston [...]
A.J. Burnett and Jon Lester had eerily similar outings, each yielding four runs over five innings while battling some control problems, but the Yankees ultimately prevailed against the Red Sox bullpen in a 6-4 victory.
The Yankee offense looked locked in for a second straight game, and even many [...]
The first game of 2010 is in the books. The results for the Yankees were the same as they were in 2009. Now is a convenient time to mention that the Yankees lost the first two games of the 2009 season, and they lost a bunch at the start [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees