In 2007, during his age 32 season, Alex Rodriguez had one of the best seasons in baseball history. His slash line was .314/.422/.645, good for a mind-numbing .449 wOBA. He hit 54 homers, his most as a Yankee, and pounded in 156 RBI [...]
Note: I volunteered to take on Andy Pettitte‘s “Season in Review” because I figured it’d be a fun piece to write but I soon discovered it to be a bit more challenging than I anticipated. As I considered his season retrospectively, I became increasingly cognizant of the reality that [...]
The Yankees took a chance on Brett Gardner in 2010, and made out well on the gambit. Heading into the season I argued that the Yankees were making the right decision if Gardner could get on base about 35% of the [...]
It’s hard to believe Nick Swisher already has two years of Yankee tenure under his belt. Cashman acquired the charismatic outfielder from the White Sox in a trade swindle involving Wilson Betemit and pitching prospect Jhonny Nunez. The initial plan was twofold: the primary objective was to [...]
Let’s talk about two different second basemen. One had a wOBA of .370, comprised of slash stats of .320/.352/.520 with 25 home runs and a UZR of -2.8, good for an fWAR of 4.4 in his age 26 season. The other player had a [...]
In his post Friday morning Larry mentioned that he didn’t feel the Yankees absolutely had to sign CC Sabathia in the 2008-2009 offseason. Believe it or not, I felt the exact same way. The Yankees needed pitching, but they also needed a bat. I wanted Mark Teixeira the way the [...]
During the next few weeks we’ll be running a series of individual season reviews for the members of the 2010 Yankees, somewhat similar to what I did with the season reviews last November only more comprehensive and probably more granular. Last year I did five group posts for the [...]
Last Wednesday we took a look at some of the positive storylines that emerged from the Yankees’ 2010 season. Unfortunately, with the good comes the bad, and while we’ll try to refrain from being too morose, any analysis of the Yankee season wouldn’t be complete without harping on some [...]
As we get further into the offseason I’ll be doing comprehensive rundowns of each individual player’s seasons, but for now I’d like to take a look at the Yankees’ 2010 year at a more macro level. I’d also like to take a moment to give a brief shout-out to our [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees