If Joe Girardi hasn’t smashed his fist down on the big red panic button yet, he ought to consider it. The Yankees find themselves sitting in the perilous position of a 3-1 deficit. CC Sabathia will take the mound later today in a pivotal Game Five elimination match. Should he succeed, the Yankees [...]
Somewhat lost amidst the Yankees’ daily scheduled pounding by the Rangers last night was that A.J. Burnett was one pitch away from throwing a surprising gem of an outing and possibly redeeming himself in the eyes of the team and the fanbase. As it was, I’d imagine most [...]
Game 4 of the 2010 American League Championship Series was basically a microcosm of everything that went wrong for the Yankees at one point or another this season: A.J. Burnett had a lousy start (though was actually one out away from a surprisingly fantastic start), the offense excruciatingly squandered [...]
So far in the ALCS the Yankees have played about as badly as one can imagine and the Rangers have played extremely well. The end result is a 2-1 deficit that the Yankees are lucky to have. Texas has thoroughly out-performed the Bombers in 26 of the series’ 27 innings.
The Yankee Universe now [...]
With Cliff Lee making a mockery out of the Yankees offense and a late-inning bullpen implosion, the only positive storyline to emerge from last night’s game was Andy Pettitte. The Yankees required a quality start if there was ever going to be any possibility of defeating Lee [...]
We all know that Cliff Lee was outrageous last night, hurling eight innings of shutout ball while yielding two hits and striking out 13. According to Baseball-Reference, there have only been 21 postseason games where a starting pitcher had a Game Score of 90 or higher, and [...]
For as rough as the pitching has been for the Yankees (non-Andy Pettitte division) in the 2010 ALCS, outside of the eighth inning of Game 1 the team offense has been an even bigger issue.
While a dominating start from Cliff Lee has at this point become a [...]
First things first. Andy Pettitte was everything the Yankees could’ve hoped for in their 8-0 Game 3 loss to the Rangers. After the dual miserable outings from CC Sabathia and Phil Hughes, Pettitte delivered seven brilliant innings of two-run ball — the only mistake coming on [...]
Given the intensity of the ALCS, it’s absolutely no surprise that there has been an abundance of animated conversation within Yankee-land (some positive, mostly negative despite the series being split). Some of these discussions have pertained to the ineffectiveness of CC Sabathia and Phil Hughes during their prior [...]
Additionally, the Yankees can beat Cliff Lee. Going into tonight’s game expecting the worst is no way to support your team. We’ve seen the Yankees beat great pitchers this year, and we’ve also seen them [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees