As far as I’m concerned this is the actual first day of 2010. My new year doesn’t begin until the baseball season begins. In the past I’ve ignored spring training, but I’m more excited for this season to begin than I’ve ever been before, so any real baseball is good baseball as far as [...]
With each passing day, it looks more and more as though the 2010 Yankees’ are set. And although many fans — myself among them — secretly hope Johnny Damon will return to planet Earth and sign with the team for a modest amount so both sides can repeat this year, that’s not even [...]
In the wake of my paean to the 2009 Yankees, comparing Yankee championships has become a fairly popular topic among some of my fellow Yankee fans this week, and one friend — firmly entrenched in the 1996 camp — asked me to do a comparison of the two teams.
The Yankees began the 2009 season with arguably the most potent infield offense in all of baseball and ended the year by obliterating any doubts about that particular notion. The starting infield posted an insane 138 OPS+ (!) and a ridiculous .389 wOBA.
There was some concern about how well [...]
Prior to the Yankees taking down title #27 last Wednesday night, it had only been nine years since the Yankees last won the World Series, but boy, did it ever feel like ages ago.
When the Yankees beat the Mets in 2000 I was a sophomore in college, and [...]
My beautiful wife is from Texas, and so we were married down in Houston last April. As per southern tradition, the groom gets a cake in addition to the regular wedding cake. This was my groom’s cake.
So the take away is as follows: if you’re a Yankee fan [...]
So my apologies in advance, as these photos are far from ideal, but it’s pretty hard to take pictures of people on moving vehicles while holding one’s camera above one’s line of sight and standing on one’s tip-toes. However, since I did attend the parade, I wanted to at least share some shots, and these [...]
The 2009 Yankees are one of my three favorite Yankee teams of all-time (woo-hoo!). I put this team right up there with the 1996 and 1998 teams as one of the most talented and most exciting I’ve ever seen. No one needs to defend those two late-’90s teams, but allow me a few hundred [...]
By Mike Jaggers-Radolf
Setting aside the Steinbrenner family’s gargantuan annual expectations for the Yankees, one thing is certain: 2009 has been a fantastic success for the team on the field, no matter when the Yankees’ season comes to its eventual end. The team put up its best record since 2002, has advanced deeper into the [...]
6:07pm can’t come soon enough. While we’re waiting around, we may as well take a quick look at the Yankees and Twins regular season matchups in 2009. Not that this tells us anything whatsoever about what will happen in the postseason, but hey, we’ve still more than four hours until [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees