After a flurry of moves this past December left the Yankees rotation in much better shape than it was found, the roster on paper heading into 2012 is perhaps the strongest in many years. With one of the best lineups in baseball returned from a 97-win club, one of baseball’s best bullpens, and a revamped [...]
Ordinarily I’d have run this post closer to this past weekend; however, I’ve been on vacation and am a little behind on my blogging. Following CC Sabathia‘s latest massacreing at the hands of the Red Sox, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about why the big man has struggled so mightily against [...]
Entering Sunday’s game against the Cubs, the 2011 Yankees are a stronger 2nd place team than they seem. If not for the first place Red Sox, more might be made of the Bombers’ 40-29 record, which is a .580 winning percentage and projects to a 94 win season. But that alone doesn’t tell the entire story. According [...]
As 2010 winds to a close I’ve been thinking about what would need to change in 2011 for the Yankees to win another title. The reflexive answer is to suggest better pitching. After all, the Yankees are in the market for starters, in case [...]
Yesterday I examined whether or not playing well late in the season translated into October success for batters. The answer was no, probably not. I compared regular season wOBAs in the months of September and October for batters to their wOBAs in the postseason to see if trends that began at the end [...]
It is a common refrain that everything resets in the postseason. This is true strategically. Suddenly, in a sport with a 162-game regular season a single game becomes far more important than it was previously. Is it true with respect to player performance? While managers can make different choices in [...]
Nick Swisher, Robinson Cano and Mark Teixeira have been the Yankees’ primary offensive weapons this season. Their respective OPS+’s were 139, 151 and 140 entering Wednesday’s game, the highest marks on the team. When October comes around, could this be a problem?
Here’s how these three fared last October:
During a recent broadcast Paul O’Neill said something that intrigued me. He was talking to Michael Kay when Kay mentioned that Brian Cashman believes the Yankees struggle to sign veteran bench players because the team’s roster is set at so many positions so the veterans feel they wouldn’t get enough playing time to be [...]
After stumbling out of the gate to a 4-9 start, the Red Sox (46-31) have turned their season around and are right in the thick of the AL East hunt, two games behind the first-place Yankees (47-28), exactly where we all should have expected them to be.
That the Red [...]
With the Yankees’ victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks last night, the team now stands 1.5 games ahead of both the Tampa Bay Rays (slumping fast) and the Boston Red Sox, in first place in baseball’s toughest division. At the same time last year the Bombers were 39-32, five games behind the Sox. For [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees