Tanner Scheppers was expected to a first round pick in the 2008 draft, but fell to the Pirates in the second round due to a shoulder injury and failed to sign with Pittsburgh. Due to outsized contract demands, he seems poised to fall in the draft again. In [...]
Lane Meyer of Nomaas’s draft blog has some tasty tidbits this morning, with some interesting predictions of players who might fall in the first round. In addition to the players I mentioned on my board, it sounds like Jacob Turner, perhaps the top prep righty, could also fall for requesting a Porcello bonus, and [...]
With the draft just 18 hours away, the rumor mill is churning away, but there does not appear to be a consensus as to who the Yankees will take at #29, unlike in previous years when the Cole and Brackman picks (especially once Porcello went off the board) were pretty well predicted. The Yankees have [...]
Keith Law, Baseball America, and the community at John Sickels’ Minor League Ball have all checked in recently with mock drafts. The Sickels mock does not take signability into account, so the results are a bit different than you would expect:
29) Matt Hobgood, RHP, California HS
76) Jake Barrett, RHP, Arizona HS
The Yankee Universe was lucky enough to bring Eric Schultz aboard a few weeks ago, as he is of the foremost draft experts among Yankees bloggers and has been covering the draft in depth for two years now. Tune in tomorrow evening during the draft for a liveblog from Eric, as well as in [...]
While I have mentioned some possible first-round picks in two previous posts, with this one I am going to take a look at a few guys who the Yankees might consider with their 2nd-round pick. If they are not selected in the first because of signability or injury issues, Matt Purke, Donavan Tate, [...]
In my last post, I discussed 4 high-rated talents, Matt Purke, Donovan Tate, Jacob Turner, and Luke Bailey, that could fall to #29 due to signability or health issues. While Bailey (#96 on the BA board) has not been rated as highly on draft boards [...]
In my last post, I looked back at some of the significant players taken in recent Yankee drafts. I am going to look at some potential first-rounders here, but first let’s see some recent first-round picks, and how they fared.
2004: Phil Hughes (#23). A polished high school [...]
For someone who keeps track of the minors as much as I do, the draft represents one of the most interesting events to watch. It is probably the most important way for major league teams to restock their farm systems. For those who don’t think the draft is important to a big-market team like the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees