On Friday I wrote a post asking if we actually over rate Robinson Cano. The premise of the post is that while Cano is a great baseball player, he is not a top five or top ten baseball player. He’s actually a top twenty baseball player, so when we describe him as [...]
Now you’ve done it. You’ve really done it. Just when I thought Yankee fans couldn’t get any battier, they want to run Nick Swisher — one of the most productive right-fielders in the league, not to mention one of the Yankees’ top on-base threats — out of town, because of some unfortunately poor [...]
Friday I ran the first post in this series, examining what Fangraphs estimated each Yankee hitter was worth to the team on the season, and then comparing that value to what a player was actually paid in 2011. Today, I’ll be performing the same exercise, only examining the Yankee pitchers.
As before, the rules [...]
One of my favorite guilty pleasures in all of sports, never mind just baseball, is examining which players are overpaid, which are underpaid, and which get paid their worth. If baseball allocated its resources fairly, each player would be paid precisely what he was worth to his team (which, incidentally, is often millions of dollars). [...]
Let the rumor mill begin. I’m not sure what to make of this, but its been out there the past few days so I just thought I’d pass it along. ESPN analyst Bobby Valentine was quoted as saying he “knows” CC will opt out and “head to Los Angeles or Chicago”. I didn’t hear him [...]
I sat down to write something profound and deep about baseball, but was too excited and nervous and just teetering on the precipice of crazy to string sentences together into a coherent thought. Instead, I watched videos from the 2009 postseason and the TBS Yankees commercial a number of times until my excitement started to [...]
Over the past few days, we’ve been privy to some pretty enthralling baseball. As the final days of the season come to an end, the Sox, Rays, Cardinals, and Braves having taken center stage as they desperately fight for October admittance. With all of this added mania, I’ve found myself watching even more baseball than [...]
I hate this question. However, it’s an inevitable one that baseball fans will continue to ask because until you know who your team’s postseason opponent is there isn’t really much else one can do aside from debate whether one team would be “preferable” to the other.
The reason I hate this question is because there’s [...]
Last night, my fiancée and I went and saw Moneyball. As we entered the theater, the first thing I noticed was that place was completely packed — even the neck-breaker section waaaaay down in the front (fortunately we were able to grab some decent seats!). This was surprising to [...]
Typically, I dismiss most articles in my RSS feed produced by the mainstream media. Generally with a raised brow and a quick decisive click of the mouse ,they’re gone and I’m onto the next topic du jour. I have to give Jason Whitlock of FOX Sports credit though for grabbing my attention after producing one [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees