(Syndicated from Second Place Is Not An Option)
I thought this would be a fun trip down memory lane.
We’re at 10 in our countdown to Spring Training and I wanted to share these two videos I found on YouTube of Phil Rizzuto – the most famous of the #10′s in Pinstripe [...]
There is little that I can write with respect to the legacy of Gil McDougald that was not beautifully enumerated in his obituaries in The New York Times and The Daily News, respectively. In a narrative sense, at the very least, the memory of McDougald has been preserved quite well [...]
I had a quite a few choices for this number. I could have gone the easy route and just written about John Flaherty. Or I could have gone old school and written about Gene Michael, Mickey Rivers or Oscar Gamble.
Instead, I’m focusing on a performance [...]
In the off-season leading into the 1918 season, the New York Yankees were a team in transition – they were poised to compete in the American League, and were willing to spend money to do so. The key to taking that step, in the mind of co-owner Jacob Ruppert, was hiring an experienced and well-respected [...]
For instance, the man who currently dons that uniform number for the Yankees, Mark Teixeira, had his lone special playoff moment, so far, in October 2009 when he hit a walk-off home [...]
It often takes little more than a single, signature moment for a player to become immortalized in Yankees lore. Few can spout off the career lines of Bucky Dent or Jim Leyritz, and yet there is nary a fan that will not feel at least a tiny bit of giddiness at the mere mention [...]
The easiest thing to do would have been to focus on Joe Girardi and the Yankees’ quest for a 28th Championship [...]
All the votes are in, and when the ballot results are released on January 9th, we’ll finally know if I’ve been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. After much anticipation, and six weeks of long and tedious debates, the Baseball Writers Association of America will finally make their selection, a statement that marks those amongst the greatest and [...]
AL MVP: Mike Trout (7/8)
On the heels of EJ’s scathing take-down of the Miguel Cabrera contingent, it should come as no surprise that Mike Trout would hoist our imaginary hardware. For those of you that may have (luckily) missed the month long tit for tat on this subject, Trout led the American League in [...]
Whenever someone mentions Jason Giabmi’s tenure with the Yankees, I get pretty peeved. He wasn’t exactly the player he was in Oakland and his glove was, well, let’s just not talk about that. However, he was still productive with the bat, posting a .404 OBP and a .525 SLG (.925 OPS) in his time with [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees