In an unsurprising turn of events, the Phillies placed Cliff Lee on waivers yesterday. There were some rumors that the Yankees had talked to the Phillies about trading for the starting pitcher before the trade deadline, but only to hit an impasse when the Phillies GM Ruben Amaro demanded top prospects and [...]
Yesterday morning, Steve posted about trading for Justin Upton. I’m all for this idea; Upton’s a great talent who’s still under 25 (for about a month or so more) and he’s under team control through 2015. He’d make the Yankees better just like he’d make every other team in the league [...]
Following up on my post from yesterday, we have a Joel Sherman piece this morning that explores the possibility of the Yanks trading for the Diamondback star Right Fielder. He confirms some items that we’ve heard elsewhere. The Yanks have checked in on him, he’s very much on the outs in Arizona, and Joel comes [...]
With the July 31st trade deadline looming, the Yankees have been suspiciously quiet. Is this Brian Cashman in his patented Ninja mode? Or should we take his recent comments at face value, that he’s happy with the team as currently constructed and feels no need to do anything. From a negotiating standpoint, it [...]
Considering the news on Gardner’s soar elbow yesterday, prepare yourself for bad news today. The Yankees will have a better idea of the significance to the left fielder’s third set back in recovery this season. With Gardner out indefinitely, the team has already started exploring the outfield trade market. Right now, the big name [...]
Somehow, it’s already the middle of July. It seems like just yesterday we were all collectively bitching about the complete lack of baseball and the need for Spring Training to start. Anyway, the trade deadline is approaching and everyone is wondering what the Yankees will do. Brian Cashman has said that he doesn’t like the [...]
If the Yankees are going to spend on a starting pitcher this trade season, Matt Garza is the front runner. Unlike Zack Greinke and Cole Hamels, Garza has an extra year of team control, as well as the only one of the three eligible for draft pick compensation [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
A few weeks ago, I mentioned the upcoming trade deadline as one of the reasons the Yankees will win the AL East this year. This past offseason was another all-or-nothing one, as it usually seems to be for the [...]
It’s July, and as Yankee fans, we’re all wondering who’s available at the trade deadline. Matt looked at Cole Hamels a couple days ago, Mike Axisa over at RAB likes Ramon Hernandez, and Steve Goldman at Pinstripe Alley took an interest in personal favorite Chase Headley. What makes this time of year [...]
While the Mets staying above water and the White Sox leading the A.L. Central have been surprising stories of the 2012 season, there seems to be no bigger surprise than the Philadelphia Phillies. As I write this, they’re nine games under .500, sitting in last place (11 GB) of the first place Washington Nationals (!). [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees