Following hitting for the lowest average of his career over the last two years, Mark Teixeira correctly assessed his problem this offseason, his poor numbers hitting lefty. The initial word from the first baseman in January was to drop a few bunts to help beat the exaggerated defensive shifts that robbed him [...]
Monday night we learned that Phil Hughes has likely earned himself a rotation spot. His sleek 2.03 ERA speaks for itself, but behind a regained velocity, Hughes appears to be a different pitcher. The 0.975 WHIP is inspiring, but aside from velocity, whats so different about the young righty? Watching his performances, [...]
Pardon me for the rushed nature of this post, but it’s late at night, the pop-punk is flowing, and UConn just lost to Iowa State in the NCAA Tournament. Anyway…
To keep this quick on the Friday morning before St. Patrick’s Day, let’s take a quick look at Curtis Granderson. There is no [...]
A 1-0 loss to the Red Sox? A pitchers duel between a pair of talented young starting pitchers, one on each side of the legendary rivalry? Under normal circumstances last night’s game in Tampa would have been a dagger to the heart of Yankees fans. But of the course the game was played in Tampa [...]
I have a lot of respect for Jon Heyman. He’s clearly one of the hardest working baseball writers in the national media. To have your research and opinions read and criticized for over thirty years takes an extreme dedication to your job. When dealing with the Trade Deadline or Winter Meetings, Heyman doesn’t appear to [...]
I am a non-reluctant convert. Back when he first came up, I was a Brett Gardner fan, no doubt. I liked that he was fast, took pitches, and played solid defense. However, my faith in his ability to keep up consistently productive offensive numbers was anything but high. His ability to draw walks [...]
Mark Teixeira‘s recent statement that he may consider bunting more this season against the shift has unsurprisingly sparked a diverse array of reactions around the blogosphere. These include assertions that the Yankees didn’t give him a huge contract to bunt, and that he should instead focus on hitting the ball to the opposite [...]
Before we get started: Chicks dig the long ball.
The biggest problem with A.J. Burnett in 2011 was the carefree fashion in which he handed out home runs. A.J. gave up a career worst 31 homers after serving up a career worst 25 dingers in both 2009 and 2010; surprisingly enough, Burnett’s [...]
With all the discussion about Michael Pineda’s ability to pitch in the AL East following his trade, our readers should be very familiar with how good of a season he had with the Mariners in 2011. Such an impressive rookie season is rare to see, so I decided to take a look at [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Now bunting for the New York Yankees, first baseman, number 25, Mark Teixeira.
Frustrated by his dwindling batting average against right handed pitchers, the slugging Yankees’ first baseman recently suggested he may start bunting more in order to thwart the shift that has stolen so [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees