Beginning tonight the Yankees get to face the Blue Jays at home for the second straight Labor Day weekend. Last year at this time they were able to run their season-high winning streak to eight before the Jays finally snapped it in the Sunday matinee. That would actually prove to be something of a [...]
Here’s what we know so far:
The Yankees are 2-10 against the Red Sox in 2011. They are 78-42 against everyone else. The Red Sox have hit a superb .292/.375/.462 as a team against the Yankees in 2011, compared to .279/.349/.458 on the 2011 season as whole. Nearly every member of Boston’s everyday lineup has [...]
Note: Given the fact that a hurricane is expected to hit much of the east coast this weekend, bear in mind than at least one if not more of these games is likely to be washed out, so the probable pitchers, game times and even dates on which these games will be played on are [...]
I don’t know who the Yankees have to thank, but after three games against the Royals and four against the Twins, the Bombers not only get to come back home and play the A’s this week, a team they basically dominate just as much as they do the Twins, but then get five games against [...]
Ah, poor Minnesota. Perennial favorites in the always wide-open AL Central — though I’ll take some credit for being a bit skeptical during the pre-season of their being able to continue to win despite losing several key components and not really replacing them with anything of value — the pride and joy of the [...]
The Yankees only get the Royals six times all season, and the final three of those games begins tonight at Kaufman Stadium. As you’ll recall, the two teams last played in May, as the surprising Royals — who came into that series with an 18-16 record — proceeded to take two of three from the [...]
The Rays come back to Yankee Stadium for a three-gamer this weekend, and while a set against the Rays is always fun, this one will lack a lot of the excitement that last year’s pennant race had, as the Rays are effectively out of the playoff hunt. Of course, they’re no doubt looking to [...]
Larry usually writes these previews, but he is on vacation, so I am going to take a stab at it. Try not to point and laugh at any ineptitude you may perceive on my part.
The Angels have struggled to score runs all season, and are 13th in the AL in runs [...]
Before you hunker down for a long weekend of Yankees vs. Red Sox in a battle for first place, why don’t you check out my preview of the series with Butch on the Pulse Network’s Sports Buzz.
Watch and enjoy here.
The Yankees kick off a three-gamer in Fenway Park this weekend, and while on the face of it this series isn’t any more or less important than any other, from a “we’-re 1-8 against our archrival and haven’t beaten Boston since the 8th game of the season” perspective, it’s perhaps a tad bigger of a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees