The Yankees have acquired Steve Pearce from the Astros for cash considerations, the teams announced. Pearce, who played for the Yankees’ Triple-A team earlier this year, will provide New York with a right-handed bat for the final month of the season.
Joel Sherman of the New [...]
The Texas Rangers have a really good problem. Jurickson Profar is a mega-prospect, who hits and fields like a future star shortstop. At 19 years old, he has hit .278/.361/.456 in 117 games. The Rangers are considering promoting Profar in September, and using him through the postseason. They believe he is major league [...]
September, and the expanded rosters that come with it, is just ten days away. The Yankees are a banged up team, piecing together strong performances out of a range of bench and platoon players. This will let up some when Alex Rodriguez, C.C. Sabathia, and Andy Pettitte return, and Mark Teixeira gets healthy, but the [...]
Note: Since this post was originally published, Joe Girardi made out a lineup along the lines of the recommendations below. I will take all the credit if it works out, but defer all blame to him should [...]
Good morning, everyone. Nothing like some good old Panic Button hitting to wake you up, huh? Anyway, Mark Teixeira left last night’s game with an apparent wrist injury, but thankfully, the x-rays were negative. Still, it makes sense to plan for the worst (even if our plans won’t necessarily be implemented) [...]
The Athletics were already the hottest team in baseball before the weekend series against the Yankees, but if the rest of the baseball world needed validation, a four game sweep of the Bronx Bombers should stamp Oakland [...]
The Yankee bench has been incredibly productive this year. We’ve all seen Andruw Jones, Eric Chavez, and Raul Ibanez hit as well or better than anyone could have expected of them. Nix, Wise, and Stewart haven’t been as good, but no one is complaining as long as the Yankees are in first place. During the [...]
Freddy Garcia’s last start was one of the lowest points of his career. After throwing only 1 2/3 innings against the Red Sox in his previous outing, the right hander gave an unwelcomed encore against the Tigers on [...]
Matt’s article today highlighted the struggles that Andruw Jones is having with left-handed pitching, and got me thinking about the rest of the Yankee bench, and whether possible replacements exist. Jones’ struggles are a problem because Jones was expected to be the lefty-mashing half of a DH platoon and occasional outfielder [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
I know this is going to come as a complete shock, but the Yankees really haven’t gotten much from the catcher position this season. After breathing life back into his career last year, Russell Martin has regressed back [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees