Tyler Austin is the biggest story this year in the Yankee system, without much question. His breakout has been real and powerful, and he is a now a solid top-50 prospect in all of baseball. But I think that a number of stories are flying under the radar right now. The most under-the-radar-y, and in [...]
The other night, I was watching the San Francisco Giants game on MLB Network. George Kontos was on the mound. And all of the sudden, Justin Christian entered the game. Sitting on the bench was Joaquin Arias, who will always have the distinction as the guy who the Rangers picked over Robinson Cano in the [...]
Late last night, the Yankees and first round pick Ty Hensley agreed to a deal. Both Kevin Goldstein and Jim Callis thought getting Hensley at 30 was a great pick up for the Yankees. Here is the scouting report.
As the first round pick, Hensley is going to [...]
EJ’s post from earlier today highlights the disappointing nature of the Yankee farm in 2012, and for the most part, I agree. It has been a frustrating season to follow, particularly at the upper levels. The combination of injury and regression has hurt the stock of a number of prospects who might otherwise be [...]
Last week, Tyler Austin, Gary Sanchez, and Mason Williams were promoted from Low-A Charleston to High-A Tampa. All three had been hitting the cover off the ball in Charleston, progressing on defense, and playing against older, more experienced opponents. Thus, all three duly earned spots on Baseball America’s mid season top prospects list. [...]
We are now midway through the minor league season, which is often the time when high-performing prospects are advanced to the next level, and poor performers are demoted. The earlier signing deadline for draft picks and new limitations on bonuses also increase the pressure to promote players, in order to make room for the new [...]
For those of you who may have missed the April and May editions, The Monthly Prospector represents a broad-strokes update with respect to TYA’s combined top-twenty prospects list. In addition to providing a glimpse into the present production of the team’s potential future, such an exercise also offers a wonderful [...]
With CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte on the DL and David Phelps still getting stretched out in the minors, 24 year-old righty Adam Warren will be making his major league debut tonight against the White Sox. Drafted in the 4th round as a senior from baseball powerhouse UNC, Warren has steadily progressed through the Yankee [...]
Going into the season, it was expected that Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betance would be possible rotation options by midseason should injury befall a member of the Yankees’ starting 5. Yesterday, the dreaded scenario occurred, as CC Sabathia was placed on the DL with a strained muscle in his leg and Andy Pettitte may be [...]
EJ had a great post yesterday analyzing some of the important prospects to watch on the Yankees’ short-season affiliates, who began their 2012 seasons yesterday. I wanted to take a closer look at some of these players, and what I will be looking for over the course of the season, and I’ll start [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees