As a Yankee fan surrounded by Met fans, I remember joking with my friends that R.A. Dickey would be the next Cy Young contender out of Queens. I also remember the day Dickey was called up, and thinking how desperate the Mets must be to call up a 35 year old knuckleballer. Aside from his [...]
One result of Hughes’s control is that he often works ahead in the count. He has faced 341 hitters this year, of which 83 have gone to an 0-2 count. [...]
One of the most dominating figures in the bullpen has surprisingly risen in Boone Logan. He began 2012 with a 12.54 K/9 in April and a 15.43 K/9 in May, which can be substantiated by a 29.87% whiff rate on the slider in both months. The outbreak from the Yankees’ left handed reliever was a [...]
The Yankees rotation has certainly found their mid-season form, but no pitcher has improved more than Phil Hughes. Yesterday, TYA co-founder Larry Koestler mentioned that Hughes has reinvented himself during the last month, and brought up some differences he spotted in the PITCHf/x numbers. The velocity and movement on the fastball has certainly evolved from [...]
The match up from Tuesday’s game consisted of a 24 year old Mike Minor, a player on the cusp of being sent down, and ace CC Sabathia. In a reversal of fortune, Minor was nearly flawless in his 7.1 innings of 5 hit ball, while Sabathia allowed 10 hits and 4 [...]
Plenty of unsung heroes have stepped up for the Yankees since losing Mariano Rivera and David Robertson to the disabled list, but who the hell is Cody Eppley? Two months ago, I wouldn’t have an answer for you. I could now tell you that the 26 year old right handed pitcher was drafted by the [...]
“I don’t really try to strike guys out,” Pettitte said. “I feel like I’m able to keep guys off balance an awful lot right now. My command was just really good tonight. I only left a couple of balls over the heart of the zone all night long. I’ve been real happy with my [...]
The first complete game of the year for a Yankee pitcher goes to… Phil Hughes. After giving up 11 hits and 7 earned runs in 5.1 innings against the Angels, Hughes shocked everyone with a brilliant complete game win against the not-so-easy Tiger’s lineup. His final line was 9.0 innings, 4 hits, 1 [...]
Starting off this season, CC Sabathia had issues maintaining regular sink on his fastballs. In the span of 5 starts from April 17 to May 10th, the lefty corrected his problems by “getting on top of the pitch”, going 5-0 with a 2.52 ERA, an 8.69 K/9, a 1.14 BB/9, and a [...]
In the month of April, Phil Hughes posted a miserable 7.88 ERA, a 6.40 FIP, and allowed a .329/.395/.658 slash. For the impatient fans, the 25 year old’s career as a starter was over despite a gaudy 9.56 K/9. Since then, Hughes has gone 31.1 innings in May with a 3.45 ERA, a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees