For more insight on Kuroda, visit RAB and read Joe’s piece on him from yesterday.
April and May weren’t necessarily too kind to Hiroki Kuroda. He had an up and down start to his Yankee career and generally left us wanting more, despite some good starts sprinkled in. Through April and May, [...]
Back in early March I made a bold prediction, Phil Hughes would be the number two starter. April didn’t bode well for my dark horse pick, the 25 year old right hander produced a 7.88 ERA with batters hitting .329/.395/.658 against him. There were occasional glimpses of brilliance on Hughes’ side, but no one [...]
The 2012 season has been a mixed bag for Yankee ace CC Sabathia. Before his most recent DL stint, the left hander posted a hard-earned 3.45 ERA. Not to say he hasn’t been successful, but Sabathia just hasn’t been the flat out dominant force that we’re used to seeing. Last month, I called the [...]
Recently, I’ve found myself attempting to hone my pitch identification skills while watching games. I detested physics class in high school, but working with PITCHf/x has brought out the inner physicist in me. To be honest, watching pitches move and batters attempting to square them up is sometimes more interesting than the scoreboard or the [...]
If the Yankees are going to spend on a starting pitcher this trade season, Matt Garza is the front runner. Unlike Zack Greinke and Cole Hamels, Garza has an extra year of team control, as well as the only one of the three eligible for draft pick compensation [...]
Honestly, I was ready to write off Freddy Garcia like most people. When he posted a 12.51 ERA through his first four starts in April, I came to the conclusion that he reached the end of his career. The 35 year old righty had two month to prove himself in the bullpen, and he did [...]
The regression hammer was bound to hit for David Robertson, who was riding high on a 0.00 ERA through his first month of 2012. I made the not-so-convincing case of trading Robertson back then, under the assumption that his numbers were very close to running out of luck, and his arm was [...]
Freddy Garcia’s last start was one of the lowest points of his career. After throwing only 1 2/3 innings against the Red Sox in his previous outing, the right hander gave an unwelcomed encore against the Tigers on [...]
With the elimination of the cutter from Phil Hughes’ repertoire, he’s become a three pitch starter who, at times, looks completely reliant on the fastball. If you’re unfamiliar, the 26 year old throws a four-seam fastball, a curveball, and a changeup to lefties. Since removing the cutter from his repertoire, Hughes has pitched to a [...]
After a somewhat slow start to 2012 that was perhaps overly scrutinized, and could easily be attributed to changing leagues, Hiroki Kuroda has been very successful of late. In the month of June, Kuroda has only once failed to complete 7 innings, with that one failure a 6-inning outing against the Braves. In June has [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees