It’s officially been a month since Ichiro Suzuki played his last game with the Mariners. On July 22nd, the right fielder was batting just .261/.288/.353 in his 12th year in Seattle. After the trade to the Bronx, Matt made the case that these poor numbers were largely impacted by a pitcher friendly [...]
For now, let’s forget Lowe’s first outing in pinstripes. In 2010 and 2011, Derek Lowe pitched nearly two identical season where he posted a 3.89 and 3.70 FIP, a 3.54 and 3.65 xFIP, a 6.32 and 6.59 K/9, and a 2.83 and 3.37 BB/9. The difference was a 4.00 ERA in 2010, and [...]
It’s no secret that Yankee Stadium is a known for it’s small dimensions, it’s shallow right field porch, and its gritting relationship with right handed fly ball pitchers. Phil Hughes knows, and his career 12.3% HR/FB in Yankee Stadium contrasts with a 7.1% on the road. It wasn’t too long ago that [...]
In his previous two starts, Ivan Nova gave up 16 earned runs and 21 hits over 10.1 innings pitched. After he called his recent slump bad luck, I compared the PITCHf/x numbers, as well as video of his mechanics. I came to the conclusion that Nova, with the intention of increasing velocity, was overthrowing [...]
Ivan Nova‘s last start was the consummate disaster start. After being pinned to a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the first, he proceeded to surrender seven runs to the Orioles, including a Chris Davis grand slam, to the Orioles en route to a big loss. After an up [...]
It’s been over a year since Joba Chamberlain last stepped on a major league mound, and since then, he underwent Tommy John surgery and a severely dislocated ankle. The media practically put Chamberlain six feet under after his trampoline disaster, citing some false rumors that his life was in jeopardy. Some sources [...]
“Bad luck,” Ivan Nova said. “I had a bad day. It was a tough day for me. I threw a lot of good sliders, I threw some good curveballs, I broke two bats and they got base hits. It’s not a good day. … I felt really good and I threw strikes but I [...]
Facing a right handed hitter should be the strength of a right handed pitcher. A reverse platoon split is a rare find in baseball, and occurs when a pitcher has better numbers against opposite-side hitters than same-side hitters. Our very own Phil Hughes has spotted one of the worst reverse platoon splits in [...]
The starting pitcher market is beginning to dwindle down as we reach the July 31st trade deadline. Cole Hamels has already agreed to an extension with the Phillies, Wandy Rordiguez is now pitching in Pittsburgh, and Ryan Dempster is on the verge of moving to Los Angeles. Amongst other trades, the [...]
A.J. Burnett may not be a Yankee, but analyzing his post-Yankee days may tell us how other team’s approached the problem child. The starting pitcher has been wildly successful this season, posting a 3.59 ERA, a 3.50 FIP, a 7.44 K/9, and 2.84 BB/9. Most of the media’s analysis has ended at the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees