I cringe when opposing managers bring in their lefty relievers in big spots. For one, a lot of the Yankee left handed batters appear to be slumping against same side pitchers lately. When it comes to guys like Eric Chavez though, you can always forecast Joe Girardi going to his bench. Ever since [...]
It’s hard to believe that Joba Chamberlain returned to this team over a month ago. When he came up on August 1st, things didn’t go too well. He surrendered a homerun immediately to JJ Hardy. In fact, the whole month of August didn’t bode well for the reliever, but through a key mechanical [...]
Following the game on Saturday, Joel Sherman wanted to know the answer to this question so badly that he forgot his manners. You can watch the exchange here. The series of questioning, and what I thought was personally an inappropriate tone from Sherman, resulted in a heated confrontation in Girardi’s office later that [...]
Curtis Granderson sucks lately. I don’t believe I’ve ever described a player that way before, at least in writing. Especially a Yankee player. When it boils down to it, the centerfielder was supposed to carry this team. After all, the Grandyman can. Yet since June 1st, he’s hit just .214/.300/.430. Matt I. broke [...]
With a 161.2 IP this year, Hughes is on the brink of surpassing twice the innings he threw last season. A little less than two weeks ago, I wrote about how Hughes’ velocity trends. Examining his longterm PITCHf/x numbers this season, he’s shown a constant loss of spin rotation and velocity on his fastball.
The Yankee lineup is a dangerous offense for a right handed pitcher in the small dimensions of Yankee Stadium, at least it used to be. Here, you can watch how batting coach Kevin Long trains his lefties to hit balls thrown on the inside part of the plate. The net drill, as he calls [...]
It wasn’t long ago that Derek Lowe called himself a tinker, but if this is a competition, Tinker of the Year goes to Phil Hughes. First he lost his cutter, then he added an 11-5 curveball, and then he dropped his arm slot. All these changes have amounted to a Phil [...]
Everyone misses Mariano Rivera, except for maybe Rafael Soriano, but I swear I saw him pitching the other night. Yes, it’s almost blasphemy in Yankee land to compare anyone to the great Rivera, but David Robertson has come closer than anyone I’ve seen. The Sandman loves playing baseball, he lives for his team, and he [...]
CC Sabathia, Michael Pineda, Andy Pettitte, Ivan Nova, Mariano Rivera, Dellin Betances, and Manny Banuelos are all on the disabled list. While Hiroki Kuroda has stepped up in a huge way, Phil Hughes’ rebound season has been just as important. Since mechanical and repertoire adjustments began on May 6th, the 26 year old is pitching [...]
During Joe Girardi’s WCBS pre-game interview with Suzyn Waldman, the Yankees’ manager talked about his lineup’s need for patience when facing White Sox lefty Francisco Liriano. The game plan was correct, but executing it proved to be easier said [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees