Rough game today, huh? Not the way the Yankees drew up Phil Hughes first start of the year no doubt. Here are some thoughts for discussion/open thread:
1. I found this whole Brian Cashman v. New York Mets thing to be pretty amusing. I was a little baffled why Cashman would have [...]
On every night throughout the year, one of the TYA writers will post a trivia question as the nightly open thread. The blog administrators will keep track of the winners, and the commenter with the most correct answers will win a prize that has yet to be decided upon. The answers will be posted in [...]
A lot of news here, so let’s touch on that immediately.
The Yankees did the following:
-Cut Ronnie Belliard
- Sold [...]
How is everyone’s bracket doing? As poorly as mine? I hope so. Anyway, I just wanted to remind everyone we have one fantasy league left, Yankee Analysts 3 on Yahoo that has lots of spots open. I moved that draft back to 8pm tomorrow to try and even out the squads. For anyone in Yankee [...]
Alright, alright. Another league is set up for anyone else who did not get in. I don’t even know why you’re bothering to sign up though, as none of you have any real chance to win. Anyway, vaya con dios, as Jonny Utah would say. This doubles as an [...]
Alright I went ahead and made a second fantasy league for anyone else who wants to play. I’m still playing, I’m still using a Point Break themed team name and you’re all still destined to lose to me. Join up.
Yankee Analysts 2
Yahoo League ID number: 173233
Yesterday’s Question: After today’s rough outing by Freddy Garcia and Wednesday’s 6 inning no-hit gem by Ivan Nova, it appears to be all but a given that the rookie Nova will break camp as part of the Yankee rotation. We all remember the right handed rookie rotation trio in 2008 of Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes [...]
Yesterday’s Question: Since Derek Jeter’s rookie season in 1996, 28 other players have started at least one game in the leadoff slot for the Yankees. How many can you name off the top of your head?
Answers:Congrats go out to ‘Brads’ who had the most correct answers.
Today’s question: After today’s rough [...]
Alright ladies, bros and broheims, we’re all set up for TYA fantasy baseball. I have a long tradition of naming all my fantasy teams after Point Break characters and/or plot elements. So if you’ve ever been bested by Bodhi’s Bandits or smoked by Utah’s Heroes, it was definitely me providing [...]
The fine folks over at the FireBrand Red Sox blog were kind enough to ask me to preview the upcoming Yankees’ season with them for their weekly podcast. Click here to listen to my appearance with hosts Tim Daloisio and Paul Testa.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees