Uber-prospect Jesus Montero had a rather unfortunate incident this afternoon. I’ll let Donnie Collins of the Scranton Wilkes-Barres Times fill you in on the details:
UPDATE, 3:50: Montero just took a foul ball off the cup. That is just an awful, awful feeling (take it from someone who caught growing up). [...]
Update: Game is rained out.
The Yankees look to continue winning series tonight in Baltimore, sending CC Sabathia to the hill against Brad Bergesen and the suddenly struggling Orioles. The game starts at 7:05 on the YES Network. Here is the Yankee lineup:
Derek Jeter SS
The Yankees have the night off tonight before they head up North to take on the Blue Jays, who will no doubt confront the team with a bunch of homers and pitchers who can´t top 89mph on the radar gun. The off-day is important because it will give Alex Rodriguez and his achy back one [...]
Once again, the fine folks at ESPN have decided to make us Yankee fans late for work on Monday. Just kidding, I do love Sunday Night Baseball but staying up for the whole game becomes a problem for those of us who have to get up early. But enough of me whining. Its baseball! [...]
1. It’s still early, but I think now is the time you start to get a little concerned if you’re team is really tanking. Buster Olney today has a piece about the Mariners possibly being early sellers and of course speculates on if Felix Hernandez could be traded. A trade for Felix would [...]
On every (non-game) night throughout the year, one of the TYA writers will post a trivia question as the nightly open thread. The blog administrators will keep track of the winners, and the commenter with the most correct answers will win a prize that has yet to be decided upon. The answers will be posted [...]
After last night’s victory, the Yankees look to sweep the abbreviated series with the O’s tonight at the Stadium. First pitch is at 7:10pm, as Phil Hughes tries to turn things around and propel the Yankees into sole possession of first place. Jake Arrieta goes for the Orioles.
The Yankees have the day off today. Hopefully the team uses the time to breathe some life back into the offense after Sunday’s Josh Beckett experience. The Yankees are back in action Tuesday, at home against the Orioles. A.J. Burnett toes the rubber for the bombers, while the division leading [...]
The Yanks and Red Sox resume hostilities tonight at Fenway Park. 8:00 start, to be televised on ESPN with Bobby V, Dan Shulman and Orel Hershiser calling the action. CC Sabathia goes for the good guys while Josh Beckett starts for the Philistines of Phenway. Fun fact, Beckett has a 6.26 ERA [...]
Wednesday’s Question: Joe Girardi will begin his fourth season as Yankees manager tomorrow. His four years are an especially long tenure for a Steinbrenner(s) era Yankee manager. Name every Yankee manager (hired) since George Steinbrenner bought the team in 1973.
Answer: Bill Virdon, Ralph Houk, Billy Martin, Bob Lemon, Dick Howser, Dallas Green, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees