The Yankees have the night off before opening up a home series against the A’s on Tuesday night. For those of you who are interested, the Giants are playing on Monday Night Football on ESPN tonight. Use this as your open thread. Enjoy!
Check out the hourly forecast from Accuweater. I don’t see how they’re going to get this one in. There’s a 2 hour window around 1:00 where the chance of rain drops to 40-50%, then shoots back up to 90% for the rest of the day. If they do play, they’ll be dancing between [...]
The Yankees are off tonight. They take action again on Tuesday against the Angels. In the mean time, please use this as tonight’s open thread.
So I check in to the MLB trade rumors week in review, and you know what they have on the Yanks? Squat. Oh sure, they signed Marcus Thames to a minor league deal, and made a phone call to the Tampa Bay Rays that lasted about a minute. Other than that? Nothing.
If you were waiting for the Ubaldo Jimenez trade talks to heat up, today was your day. Here’s a recap of today’s reports:
Yay, it’s the All-Star Game! And it counts (ugh)!
Here are the starting lineups:
1. Curtis Granderson, CF
2. Asdrubal Cabrera, SS
3. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
4. Jose Bautista, RF
5. Josh Hamilton, LF
6. Adrian Beltre, 3B
7. David Ortiz, DH
8. Robinson Cano, [...]
We’re just an hour away from the soothing sounds of Chris Berman MC’ing the HR Derby. I’m sure you’re all as excited as I am. In a new twist this year, turns out the home run derby is actually a race war! Uh, or something like that.
While you may be obliged to root [...]
Since it’s a holiday, I’m going to take a break from our usual format and do something different. The 4th of July is a rah-rah holiday where we cheer on America, so I want to offer up to you the “Yankee Fight Song” which many long time fans and stadium goers will be familiar with. [...]
For a guy who’s supposed to be a defensive specialist, you wouldn’t know it by his performance today. Or by his advanced defensive metrics, for that matter. In his defense (ahem) it’s only the 2nd game he’s played at SS this year, and it was his first start. No biggie. You can’t win [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees