Another Friday, another big breaking story in Yankeeland, although this one is not nearly as positive or exciting as Andy’s return last week.
In a development that gave Joe Girardi visions of the 2011 season, Derek Jeter was scratched from today’s lineup with an injured calf. The 38-year-old shortstop missed nearly a month last season with a calf injury, but in the other leg. Though Girardi says he is only being cautious, Jeter is not expected [...]
You can never have enough pitching. On Wednesday, Freddy Garcia took a line drive to the pitching hand by Edwin Encarnacion. X-rays were negative for the 35 year old, and though he believes he’ll likely miss a few days, manager Joe Girardi is less optimistic. It appears that [...]
I was looking for something other than hot stove rumors and player breakdowns to write about, when I came across an article by Gina Kolata in yesterday’s New York Times questioning the effectiveness of the hip surgery that Alex Rodriguez underwent two years ago. It wasn’t looking specifically at the Rodriguez [...]
Gina Kolata had a very interesting article in the New York Times today about the evolving perception of the usefulness of the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) exam as a tool for diagnosing sports injuries. For somebody who is interested in both sports and health care as I am, the article provided some interesting [...]
Here’s a bit of news from Wally Matthews that came out about half an hour ago:
“General manager Brian Cashman acknowledged Thursday what has seemed obvious for the past few weeks: The New York Yankees are more likely to carry Alex Rodriguez through the postseason than the other way around, [...]
The loss of Alex Rodriguez to a knee injury has understandably hurt the Yankees both offensively and defensively, as Eduardo Nunez is not exactly on A-Rod’s level in either of those departments (that’s a nice way of putting it). Eric Chavez’s return from a foot fracture has been long delayed by several setbacks, including a [...]
In case you didn’t hear, Derek Jeter got his 3000th hit today. That’s certainly the big story of the day, and it’s great for him to get the pressure of the 3000th hit off his chest. However, for the Yankees as a team, there is recent news that may significantly impact their season going forward. [...]
After a solid rehab outing in class A Staten Island, Phil Hughes took the next step toward returning to big leagues by pitching for the Trenton Thunder (the Yankees’ AA affiliate) today against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays). While Hughes showed inconsistent velocity in his first outing, his overall performance [...]
Last night, Phil Hughes pitched for the Trenton Thunder against the New Britain Rock Cats (AA affiliate of the Minnesota Twins). The results were generally mixed. In four innings of work, Hughes’ final line ended at 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, and 3 SO. Heading into the night he [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees